LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Who is the Niners most likely trade partner?

Who is the Niners most likely trade partner?

The Niners are definitely going to be the power player in this draft with their remaining 13 picks. After the Steelers just matched the offer sheet for Emmanuel Sanders, I think the Patriots are the Niners most likely trading partner in the mid 20's if they want to trade up. If they want to move back from pick #31, I think the Bills are the most likely team to trade up to get their QB of the future. Who else do you think wants to make a deal...........
saints need picks, having lost picks in trade up for marc ingram and to bounty gate penalities...Niners own 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks can probably get them Saints 15 th pick..which might led to selection of sheldon richardson. star louluteli kenny vacaro or tavon austin
Trade our 1st to the Raiders and our 2nd and a third next year as well as a 4th this year for their 1st and Draft Shariff Floyd with 3 pick and draft Reid with the 31st pick!
We had quite a few trades with Carolina so maybe we make a move to trade up to their spot or in the mid to late rounders
Originally posted by hofer36:
saints need picks, having lost picks in trade up for marc ingram and to bounty gate penalities...Niners own 1st 2nd and 3rd rd picks can probably get them Saints 15 th pick..which might led to selection of sheldon richardson. star louluteli kenny vacaro or tavon austin

I like the idea of getting ahead of the Rams in this scenario especially if it meant getting Vaccaro or Richardson.
I've gone back and forth on this, but the main reason I do NOT think we will trade up in the first round is because of the cost. In order to move up a significant amount, we'd have to give up another one of our top-3-rounds picks, and I want all five of those.

In fact, I want six or seven. I'm hoping we can combine our 4s and 5s into another top-90 selection.

Moving from 31 to 20-something is what I would equate to giving up two starters for one, in a draft where everyone seems to consider the 20s to be devoid of elite prospects.
Maybe a Steelers trade up to 17 for vaccaro I checked into in on draft value link it would take #34 N #74
My hope is to trade back into the mid second, pick up a third, then move around to get even more picks in the 3rd/4th. Unless a player like Star Lotulelei fell dramaticly then i would be ok with a trade up.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I've gone back and forth on this, but the main reason I do NOT think we will trade up in the first round is because of the cost. In order to move up a significant amount, we'd have to give up another one of our top-3-rounds picks, and I want all five of those.

In fact, I want six or seven. I'm hoping we can combine our 4s and 5s into another top-90 selection.

Moving from 31 to 20-something is what I would equate to giving up two starters for one, in a draft where everyone seems to consider the 20s to be devoid of elite prospects.

That makes total sense. I wonder who Baalke and Harbaugh consider an "elite" prospect in this draft. Only ten more days till we find out..................
Voted for Oakland on the basis of their past few years of illogical behavior...be nice if the niners could benefit from the Raider nadir.

Chicago .. perfect match. We have enough ammo to trade up to 20, but not have to give up too much. And they only have 5 picks in the draft, so they're obviously going to be looking to add more.
Don't think Baalke trades up in the 1st in this year's draft… That said I think the Raiders go after Geno Smith early in the 2nd round and trade their 1st next year and their 4th rounder this year for our 2nd from the Chiefs to grab him. If all goes as planned the Raiders lose big this season and earn the number one pick only to lose it to the Niners for yet another desperate move at quarterback. May sound farfetched but anything is possible when dealing with the Raiders.
On this list Oakland.

I'm thinking an AFC team.

We have a history w/Lombardi and he's GM of Browns so that's a possibility.
First of all, if the 9ers trade up, I will GAG. I hope they do not do it. there is no need to trade up. WR Austin if he falls, which by the sound of it will not fall, i do not think he nor any other prspect is worth trading up for. I say the 49ers stand pat and pick BPA at needy positions which are DL,DE,CB and Safety and maybe even a TE, and in the mid rounds we should take an everydown good size back because Gore cannot last forever and Lamike & Kendall are change of pace 195lbers.
Logic be damned! I see about ten players I like around the 30 to 45th spots, so that means the 9ers will trade up. It just wouldn't be right for me to guess what they are thinking---and be correct!
Share 49ersWebzone