LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

OLB is a suprising need that is being overlooked

Brooks is the man and worth the money. The guy saved the game for us in Atlanta on that goal line stand. I'm sure we are looking at olb's somewhere in the draft. We were having trouble getting to the QB late in the season, but we were going against the best lines in football. Can't tell you who we are drafting.
U guys that say Brooks is overrated are crazy. He basically won the last series against the Falcons for us. The hurry against Ryan that crushed his shoulder and the bat down on third down that woulda been a TD. Just cause he doesnt get double digit sacks doesnt mean he's overrated. He's our best all round OLB. This is another reason why I was so glad to see us keep Parys Haralson he was alot like Ahmad before his injury. Not as good but a complete OLB. I think with those three and our two guys that got hurt in the preseason we are set at OLB.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
U guys that say Brooks is overrated are crazy. He basically won the last series against the Falcons for us. The hurry against Ryan that crushed his shoulder and the bat down on third down that woulda been a TD. Just cause he doesnt get double digit sacks doesnt mean he's overrated. He's our best all round OLB. This is another reason why I was so glad to see us keep Parys Haralson he was alot like Ahmad before his injury. Not as good but a complete OLB. I think with those three and our two guys that got hurt in the preseason we are set at OLB.

your absolutely right. this and those other 4 or 5 plays that were highlights that everyone seems to remember, but they don't seem to remember the offsides penalty that happens 7 plays before that puts us in the position to begin with
Yep
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Apr 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
This place is like the twilight zone sometimes. Brooks is a great OLB. Do people around here seriously expect OLB's to be chaseing the sack record every season or something? Crazy, just Crazy. At the end of last season even Aldon wasnt good enough for some. Brooks is a great and underated OLB. We could go back to Lawson....

We have Haralson coming back as well, and we have a couple unprovens on the roster as well. An OLB may be drafted, but it is certainly a position that is much less of a need than most other needs on the roster. Our LB core is the best in the league, Be greatful.

Thank you!! People also forget how much Soapoaga regressed last year! He rarely if ever drew double teams which is a NTs job more than anything else! If he had actually been better Justin being hurt wouldnt have hurt us as much in the pass rush. Brooks was awesome last year, remember don't let perfect be the enemy of good!
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Apr 9, 2013 at 11:20 PM ]
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Day 3? He will probably go in the 1st or 2nd round.

THIS. There is not chance that he lasts until the 4th round. I see him going in top half of the 2nd rd. If he is there at the end of the 2nd I would love for the Niners to select him.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Would love to have Brandon Jenkins as a back up to Aldon or Brooks

I'm down with a Brandon Jenkins pick in a late round
i think this is why datone jones makes so much sense because he still needs some time to become a good DE so next season he can work as an edge rusher in our nickel packages while also filling in sometimes at 3-4 DE and providing insurance for any injuries on the DL. Drafting him would make the need at OLB less serious. Plus having Parys back will help us alot
Brooks is so underrated. Haralson renegotiated so he can stay at his price if he is healthy. Johnson / Fleming might be good, one of them needs to step up. If so, we are fine at OLB. Whoever we cut between Johnson / Fleming will go PS.
balke wouldnt have given brooks a long term deal if he didnt think he was a core player,,,he was the first free agent they signed after the 2011 season

I really think Darius Fleming is gonna be a very pleasant surprise this year. Just a feeling.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Would love to have Brandon Jenkins as a back up to Aldon or Brooks

I'm down with a Brandon Jenkins pick in a late round

he's a good option as well.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Day 3? He will probably go in the 1st or 2nd round.

THIS. There is not chance that he lasts until the 4th round. I see him going in top half of the 2nd rd. If he is there at the end of the 2nd I would love for the Niners to select him.

I think he's worth our 3d rounder or maybe our second 2nd round pick.
Collins maybe great but we have bigger needs to fill ... alot mid to late round OLBs we can take a shot on B.Jenkins, Q.Smith are two of my late round favorites ..remember we can't fill a roster with all-stars N pay them all...
Collins maybe great but we have bigger needs to fill ... alot mid to late round OLBs we can take a shot on B.Jenkins, Q.Smith are two of my late round favorites ..remember we can't fill a roster with all-stars N pay them all...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Jenkins and Travardo Williams are my next 2 favorites after him, which are probably better value. The $$$ is my point. Out of all of the people with high salaries next year when Kaepernick, Aldon Smith, and Crabtree need extensions, Rogers and Brooks are the two players that are the most overpaid. I feel these guys are going to get the axe, and we need to find future all stars to groom that will play on a rookie contract and produce thus giving us greater value with greater potential returns which is the reason I made this thread in the first place.
Share 49ersWebzone