LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

7th round pick: Lawrence Okoye

• DVDA
  • Veteran
His intelligence is very impressive. He has shown he is capable of being a world class athlete in a sport that requires technique which is a huge plus. He has a long way to go, but I will be excited if the 49ers draft him because Baalke, Harbaugh, and company have proven they will put each player in a position to succeed.

The worst thing that happens is the team gets some of that international exposure that the Yorks have been pushing for. I bet the viewership for the London game would jump a decent amount if a British Olympian was on one of the rosters... Therefore, he'll be a Jaguar.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I say we take him at 31. Who cares if he's never played the sport before? He looks like he could play & that's the important thing.

I chuckled... ... but anyway, I wouldn't mind us spending a 6th on Okoye or Glenn Foster (Illinois). Take a low-risk chance on that kind of freakishness.

I really like Glenn Foster.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I say we take him at 31. Who cares if he's never played the sport before? He looks like he could play & that's the important thing.

I chuckled... ... but anyway, I wouldn't mind us spending a 6th on Okoye or Glenn Foster (Illinois). Take a low-risk chance on that kind of freakishness.

Agree with this!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Might be worth a seventh round comp.

But, I think we could sign right now as a free agent.

Michael Carter, a three time All Pro for the 49ers, was a track and field athletic. He was a shot-putter. He won an sliver medal in the 1984 Olympics.

Discus or shot, moving well in that ring does require some agility--and agility helps on the defensive line.
Share 49ersWebzone