LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Report: Team showing strong interest in Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati

IMO 2nd best TE in the draft.
I thought it was possible we drafted Kelce before this news came out, now that this rumor is gaining steam I actually doubt this happens. The 49ers are so tight lips I'd be surprised if a rumor released so early comes to pass come draft day.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He came in for a workout this past weekend. He's becoming my favorite TE prospect, especially after his Pro Day where he ran a 4.61 40. The best thing is as a blocker, the 49ers wouldn't see as much dropoff from Delanie to Kelce as compared to some of the other TE prospects in the draft. He's a very good run blocker, good size, quality receiver, seems kind of like a poor man's Gronkowski.

I'm assuming it's a gronk comparison because kelce is white??? I have not viewed tape on kelce ..
Basically a slower version of Delanie. But he has better hands and more potential as a receiving TE. Do want and he will make me forget about D-lay quickly.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Basically a slower version of Delanie. But he has better hands and more potential as a receiving TE. Do want and he will make me forget about D-lay quickly.

LOL....no. Walker was a converted WR who became an h-back who was about 6 feet tall.

They are literally nothing alike beyond both being strong blockers. Kelce is more of a traditional tight-end, with ideal size for the position and flashes very good hands, especially in the red-zone. He can develop more as a route runner but would already be a more dependable threat as a receiver.

LOL....no. Walker was a converted WR who became an h-back who was about 6 feet tall.

They are literally nothing alike beyond both being strong blockers. Kelce is more of a traditional tight-end, with ideal size for the position and flashes very good hands, especially in the red-zone. He can develop more as a route runner but would already be a more dependable threat as a receiver.

+ 1.

I'd pretty excited if we land Kelce... ideally (realistically) with the late 2nd or early 3rd.
Originally posted by corona55569:
He came in for a workout this past weekend. He's becoming my favorite TE prospect, especially after his Pro Day where he ran a 4.61 40. The best thing is as a blocker, the 49ers wouldn't see as much dropoff from Delanie to Kelce as compared to some of the other TE prospects in the draft. He's a very good run blocker, good size, quality receiver, seems kind of like a poor man's Gronkowski.

I'm assuming it's a gronk comparison because kelce is white??? I have not viewed tape on kelce ..

kelcie isnt white ...hes irish

im irish too
Kelce i wouldn't mind in the 3rd or later. He's got some nice skills at a position of depth needed.
Always loved the d walk versatillity but man he dropped so many catches .. I was excited when CK7 and d walk were buidling a connection, oh well we'll see who comes in... I
i would love him in the 3rd!

I was talking more about the versality, not the fact that walker was a converted wr.
Share 49ersWebzone