3. DT/DE Bennie Logan LSU 6-2 309 30 Bench 5.08 40 Yard Dash
4. OLB Zaviar Gooden Missouri 6-2 234 4.47
4. TE Nick Kasa Colorado 6-6 269 4.71
5. CB Terry Hawthorne Illinois 6.0 195 4.44
5. RB Knile Davis Arkansas 5-11 227 4.37
6. K Dustin Hopkins Florida State 6-2 195 4.74
7. QB Sean Renfree Duke 6-3 219 4.76
7. ILB Eric Martin Nebraska 6-1 237 4.55
7. WR Marcus Davis 6-3 233 4.50 (Next Delanie Walker)
7. OT Emmett Cleary Boston College 6-7 323 24 Bench 5.21

I picked 3 DL which might be too many but all 3 would give the 49ers and Tomsula a whole new dimension to the Defense
I selected both Philip Thomas and TJ McDonald because They may be the Safeties for the 49ers for the next 10 years They complement each other well. TJ would be a beast as SS
Knile Davis stock is flying up the Chart but he is still overcoming a pretty bad injury
Eric Martin is an OLB but can easily move inside and be the ideal backup to Bowman/Willis
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Mar 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM ]
It's Nick Kasa*, I understand you're attention to defense but would suggest getting better quality WR and TE in the 3rd rather then a second safety and a 3rd D-lineman. Having watched every CU game last year I really like the Kasa pick, was a Highschool all american DE had a chance to play TE at Oregon but wanted to play DE... ended up switching to TE recently and was by far the best weapon for a pretty crummy CU team. Would be a solid #2 after another year of development.
2 Safeties in our top 5 picks
[ Edited by xela510 on Mar 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
It's Nick Kasa*, I understand you're attention to defense but would suggest getting better quality WR and TE in the 3rd rather then a second safety and a 3rd D-lineman. Having watched every CU game last year I really like the Kasa pick, was a Highschool all american DE had a chance to play TE at Oregon but wanted to play DE... ended up switching to TE recently and was by far the best weapon for a pretty crummy CU team. Would be a solid #2 after another year of development.

Corrected, Thanks
Its a very weak draft for WRs I like Hunter but not enough to use a High draft pick on him
I love Kasa .. I am convinced he would be a huge addition to the 49er offense
His ceiling is extremely high. I believe in a year or 2 you will be hearing as much about Kasa as you will about Ertz or Eifert...maybe more
In reference to the WRs in this draft... I think Jenkins and Lockette have much more potential then anybody that the 49ers could find on day 2 or day 3 in this
draft
Ricardo Lockette is 6-2 217 and ran a 4.37
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Mar 29, 2013 at 3:14 AM ]
3 DL is too many, would like to see a CB higher.
Yes everybody mocks. Unfortunately not everybody should mock.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Are you mocking this mock?
Everyone can suck on this mock
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Mar 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM ]
  • cools
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xela510:
2 Safeties in our top 5 picks

Sure, why not
Lots of good safetys in this draft, we need a starter at FS and a future starter for Whit

Would be kinda cool to take both Florida Safetys, have em continue to play together in the pros (Elam, Evans)
No issues w/J Williams or Hunt...but Logan's a wasted pick. He's strictly a DT/NT...doesn't have the mobility to play DE in the NFL. Besides, you've got Dorsey and Williams to play NT/DT (in hybrid). I'd take P. Thomas at FS...a real ballhawk and warrior. Instead of Logan, great place to take a WR...Patton, maybe. I'd draft Lattimore over Davis...both coming back from serious injuries, but Marcus is a beast. Why would you wait to take Marcus Davis in the 7th rd...he's got mid-rd talent and Baalke won't be picking that late, anyway. Like the Hawthorne pick, but seriously doubt he'd still be on the board in 5th rd.

I actually think this mock is decent, but it appears you are drafting on offense for the old Singletary days and drafting on defense for the old Singletary days.

At safety you need a ball hawking centerfielder who can break up plays or make interceptions. You do not need a hard hitting in the box safety.

Take McDonald off the list, he has Taylor Mays written all over him, can hit but not cover- Pass

Nick Kasa- Would be OKI, but he is a reach pick at that draft position. I would rather go in round 2 with Gavin Escobar or round 3 with Jordan Reed. or round 4 Leving Toliolo

CB- Carlos Rogers is old, Tarell Brown and Culliver only have a few years left on contracts, should be addressed in top 5 picks in draft..

No play makers in this draft?? Lattimore in the late third or 4th to red shirt to be Gores heir apparent.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

This is a good mock, don't be hatin. And everybody should mock. It's fun to see different opinions.

As for this mock, I like it. I'm not high on TJ Mcdonald. I'd perhaps swap him with a receiver. Also, I'm on the fence about Margus Hunt. Kind of a risky pick in my opinion, considering he's already 26 and so you have to hope he comes in as a baller right away. He's a little raw, so that doesn't seem likely. As for FS right now, I'm leaning toward Eric Reid. He has solid speed and very good size and length. Philip Thomas and Bacarri Rambo would be ok too though.
love this mock but don't think all will be there when we pick.

But our D would be able to reload in the coming years with this mock!

We have gone way O happy in the recent drafts and need to reload on D
Pretty interesting take.

We did draft 2 OLinemen in the first round so drafting 2 Safeties isn't unrealistic. I don't think it will happen but in the wonderful world of Trent - who knows?
Personally, I love the idea of loading up on D linemen early in this draft....because

1) This is a great draft for D tackles (and that is a somewhat rare occurrence)

2) The Niners have a lot of picks and therefore a golden opportunity to stack their all important D line with great talent for years to come.

Guess I'm one of those "the game is won in the trenches" types...

Cheers!
Share 49ersWebzone