LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Tank Carradine- Florida State DE

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Not another ACL survivor.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's also important to know the Gators ran right at him and had great success...FWIW, Walter's Football has him ranked #4 as a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4. He could be worth taking, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact Tomsula went to his pro day. Coming off a late injury doesn't help his status, but we'll see. At this point, I'd say he's another player "in the hopper" but have no idea where he'd rank on the Niners draft board.

I think you mean Florida ST. not FL.
I gotta say I love him on paper, and statistically hes good too.. But his game tape worries me as to how well he keeps contain
, he reminds me of colin Jenkins in terms of how he over pursues due to pass rush, rendering him, devoid of good positioning. Technique/ foot and hand work can be refined, as well.
I gotta say I love him on paper, and statistically hes good too.. But his game tape worries me as to how well he keeps contain
, he reminds me of colin Jenkins in terms of how he over pursues due to pass rush, rendering him, devoid of good positioning. Technique/ foot and hand work can be refined, as well.
It's looking more and more clearer that he is going to be our guy.

Then again it could be all smoke and mirrors
Sometimes he's very instinctive and guesses right, but its the excess that's worrisome to me.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It's looking more and more clearer that he is going to be our guy.

Then again it could be all smoke and mirrors
Haha Baalke isn't just a hologram of the greatest Jedi knight ever is he? Lol no but seriously, what leads you to believe he seems to be the pick?
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Haha Baalke isn't just a hologram of the greatest Jedi knight ever is he? Lol no but seriously, what leads you to believe he seems to be the pick?

Exactly. Has Baalke ever tipped his hand on a draft pick? I think we all should just cross a player off the list if they are getting this kind of attention.
My money is on another surprise move.
The potentially amazing thing about Carradine (and a big reason I'm hoping he falls to us) is that he simultaneously fills both of these needs:

(1) A additional situational/rotational pass rusher in 2013
(2) A potential heir apparent to Justin Smith in 2014 and beyond

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
It's also important to know the Gators ran right at him and had great success...FWIW, Walter's Football has him ranked #4 as a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4. He could be worth taking, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact Tomsula went to his pro day. Coming off a late injury doesn't help his status, but we'll see. At this point, I'd say he's another player "in the hopper" but have no idea where he'd rank on the Niners draft board.

I think you mean Florida ST. not FL.

I assume you both are talking about Cornelius Carradine.

Carradine played for Florida St, the Seminoles, so it is possible that the Florida Gators ran right at him.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
It's because Fangio runs a one gap 3-4 scheme, which emphasizes penetrating linemen over gap control.

I don't even think you know what you just wrote
Originally posted by bdub2588:

Tomsula went to his workout and if he likes what he sees, then I think Baalke might pull the trigger. Plus I've heard he has potential to play the 5 technique. It's better than trading up imo.

But like you said, Baalke has some crazy jedi mind trick that affects all of us so who knows!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
04/21/13 - Florida State's Carradine works out, runs 4.93...With an explosive burst off the snap and a high-revving motor, Florida State's Cornellius "Tank" Carradine quickly emerged as one of the most intriguing pass rushers in the country last season. On Saturday, he attempted to answer the one question that could keep him out of the first round of the NFL Draft -- his progress from surgery to repair a torn ACL in his right knee.According to a high-ranking league source, Carradine was clocked at 4.93 seconds in the 40-yard dash, a more than respectable time considering that the 6-foot-4, 276-pound pass-rusher injured the knee just under five months ago but slower than the 4.75-4.85-second times first reported by Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Reedy reports there were representatives from 11 teams at the workout, which took place in Cincinnati, Carradine's hometown. The Atlanta Falcons, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers were represented. The clubs represented make up an interesting mix of traditional 4-3 and 3-4 defensive-oriented clubs. It is a reflection of Carradine's talent and versatility. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90466&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE
Originally posted by Wodwo:
04/21/13 - Florida State's Carradine works out, runs 4.93...With an explosive burst off the snap and a high-revving motor, Florida State's Cornellius "Tank" Carradine quickly emerged as one of the most intriguing pass rushers in the country last season. On Saturday, he attempted to answer the one question that could keep him out of the first round of the NFL Draft -- his progress from surgery to repair a torn ACL in his right knee.According to a high-ranking league source, Carradine was clocked at 4.93 seconds in the 40-yard dash, a more than respectable time considering that the 6-foot-4, 276-pound pass-rusher injured the knee just under five months ago but slower than the 4.75-4.85-second times first reported by Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Reedy reports there were representatives from 11 teams at the workout, which took place in Cincinnati, Carradine's hometown. The Atlanta Falcons, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers were represented. The clubs represented make up an interesting mix of traditional 4-3 and 3-4 defensive-oriented clubs. It is a reflection of Carradine's talent and versatility. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=90466&draftyear=2013&genpos=DE

I wonder why accounts of his 40 time differ so much. On the other hand, I don't much care about his 40 time...
Share 49ersWebzone