LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Tank Carradine- Florida State DE

• Walsh
  • Veteran
This guy's stock dropped with ACL repair from a high first round to a low first round or maybe 2nd round. I hadn't heard him in the discussion here so thought I would throw him in the mix after seeing his highlight reel. His nickname makes a lot of sense is all I'm sayin'

"The injury is devastating news for Carradine, who had played his way into the first round discussion after an excellent senior campaign, recording 11.0 sacks and 13.0 tackles for loss through 12 games in 2012." -cbs sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4k00dbebjs
by far the plsyer to get we need to move up if we have to in order to get him
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/171923-cornellius-carradine/search=tank

Already has a thread. If he's healthy I think he and the kid from byu will be the best pass rushers in the draft.
Tank was having a great season before his injury.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/171923-cornellius-carradine/search=tank

Already has a thread. If he's healthy I think he and the kid from byu will be the best pass rushers in the draft.

Yea, I ran a "tank" search but oh well. He gets 2 threads for a cold minute.
I don't think he falls as far as people are thinking. Someone takes a chance before he gets to us.
How's his rehab coming along?
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Sounds like it's going well according to him. Here's what he said, "I am two months and three weeks into rehab," Carradine said at the scouting combine..."I'm more than healthy. I actually have been doing a little bit of running -- not that much, but I'm really going to start running this Monday, February 25. My knee feels good." -sports yahoo

So, if he's been doing basic running through March then tail end of March he's probably doing quick cutting, quick turn arounds. By late April, I would think he would feel about 90% from where he was at. It sounds like he's on track so I actually don't think he drops that much in the draft. That's just my guess from seeing some guys with ACL repairs.
[ Edited by Walsh on Apr 3, 2013 at 4:25 AM ]
Carradine worked out in his native Cincinnati, and the session was attended by scouts from a dozen teams, including the 49ers. In fact, San Francisco sent defensive line coach Jim Tomsula to the workout, and he and Carradine had dinner on Friday night, according to a league source. The Chiefs, Lions, Browns, Saints, Bengals, Vikings, Colts, Broncos, Patriots, Falcons and Ravens also attended the workout.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/04/49ers-defensive-coach-on-hand-for-tank-carradines-workout.html#storylink=cpy
Looks like this guy will be our pick in the one of our first 2 picks. That's if Tomsula likes what he sees.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Looks like this guy will be our pick in the one of our first 2 picks. That's if Tomsula likes what he sees.

I really hope so. This is the guy I want as our 3-4 DE of the future and I'll be bummed if we miss out on him.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
The kid put up the bar 28 times with 35 inch long arms?

That's really impressive at his weight!

Plus he runs a 4.7 coming off ACL surgery?

I have not watched him play enough. Just the cut up on Beerow's blog.

Must watch more... wasn't overly impressed with what I saw. Major knock for me is poor balance/over-extending... was on the ground way too often. Didn't show any bend around the tackle, either... not a big deal if we're thinking to bulk him up and play RDE. Also looked a little raw and jumpy trying to maintain gaps... dunno if it was just that game, though. Must watch more....
49ers showing a lot of interest in him. People always talk about him being a 4-3 DE, or a 3-4 OLB. He looks like he could pack on some weight and play 3-4 DE. Justin Smith and Ray McDonald were also 4-3 DE's in college who weighed in the 275 range. Now they're closer to 300 and have made seamless transitions to 3-4 DE.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
49ers showing a lot of interest in him. People always talk about him being a 4-3 DE, or a 3-4 OLB. He looks like he could pack on some weight and play 3-4 DE. Justin Smith and Ray McDonald were also 4-3 DE's in college who weighed in the 275 range. Now they're closer to 300 and have made seamless transitions to 3-4 DE.

This is a good point. A lot of people here get caught up in looking at "tweener" college DTs to convert, but although a lot of 3-4 teams do that, the 49ers haven't really.
he will be the pick imo

disappointing all fans

which was going to happen regardless of who we pick
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

This is a good point. A lot of people here get caught up in looking at "tweener" college DTs to convert, but although a lot of 3-4 teams do that, the 49ers haven't really.

It's because Fangio runs a one gap 3-4 scheme, which emphasizes penetrating linemen over gap control.
Share 49ersWebzone