LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Frisco's Mock Draft

Resign LB Larry Grant
CB Carlos Rogers takes a pay-cut.

Trade both our 3rd rounders (74/93), our late 5th (164) and also next years 2nd rounder for the Eagles 35th pick overall

1 31: CB Desmond Trufant Wash
2 34: DE Datone Jones UCLA
2 35: TE Zach Ertz Stanford
2 61: FS David Amerson NC.St
4 128: OT Chris Faulk LSU
4 131: QB Matt Scott AZ
5 157: RB Marcus Lattimore South Carolina
6 180: NT Montori Hughes Tenn-Martin
7 227: Competition at DE/OLB
7 237: Competition at K
7 246: Competition at OG/C
7 252: Competition at CB

#questforsix
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Mar 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM ]
I think pretty much every 49er fan is on board with the Datone pick, but there is growing consensus he goes in the teens. Fingers crossed.

Not sure I'm on board with two CB and no S. Are you saying we should convert Amerson to a CB right away? If we land Trufant in the 1st, why not taking a pure S like Phillip Thomas?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I think pretty much every 49er fan is on board with the Datone pick, but there is growing consensus he goes in the teens. Fingers crossed.

Not sure I'm on board with two CB and no S. Are you saying we should convert Amerson to a CB right away? If we land Trufant in the 1st, why not taking a pure S like Phillip Thomas?

I am amusing Amerson would be picked as a FS, and also if Jones isnt there then Hunt is fine as well IMO.
Great picks. Too bad Jones and Trufant will both be gone by 31 and 34. Just not a realistic mock unfortunately
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Great picks. Too bad Jones and Trufant will both be gone by 31 and 34. Just not a realistic mock unfortunately

they will both be around 25-30's. Milliner and Rhodes are rated higher, and Banks is well rated too.

And Jones is rising, but not as fast as alot of people are saying.
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Mar 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

they will both be around 25-30's. Milliner and Rhodes are rated higher, and Banks is well rated too.

So you dont think 3 Corners can be gone in a pass happy league by the 31st pick? I think Trufant will be the 3rd corner selected but still gone by the time the Niners select.

LOL How on earth would you know how fast Jones is or isnt rising anyway? Obviously these guys dont agree..
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Yeah, those guys will be gone before 31. Maybe one of them falls, but certainly not both. Maybe Jesse Williams and Jonathan Banks are a tad more realistic choices in those spots.

I like Ertz, but not enough to trade away both 3rd rounder's. With Vernon Davis taking the lead, I think we can afford to develop a less polished TE in the mid-rounds.
Originally posted by blm7754:

Yeah, those guys will be gone before 31. Maybe one of them falls, but certainly not both. Maybe Jesse Williams and Jonathan Banks are a tad more realistic choices in those spots.

I like Ertz, but not enough to trade away both 3rd rounder's. With Vernon Davis taking the lead, I think we can afford to develop a less polished TE in the mid-rounds.

Agree completely. Our resident expert, Maddog, had Jones and Trufant off the board at 16 and 20. Plus, two third rd picks, a 5th AND a 2nd next year for Ertz is nuts. He is hardly worth that.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Agree completely. Our resident expert, Maddog, had Jones and Trufant off the board at 16 and 20. Plus, two third rd picks, a 5th AND a 2nd next year for Ertz is nuts. He is hardly worth that.

2 third round picks, 1 fifth round pick, and a 2014 2nd for a #2 TE

Originally posted by GEEK:

I find myself hopping on the Jordan Reed bandwagon at TE.

he is a Beast, why do we need to draft some scrubs when we can upgrade our passing game in a pass driven league.
Originally posted by GEEK:

a #2 TE on a Superbowl team, who already has a top 3 TE. (forgot to mention that part)

he is a Beast, why do we need to draft some scrubs when we can upgrade our passing game in a pass driven league.

You think 2nd rd and 3rd rd picks would be scrubs?

I'd be cool with picking Ertz if he were the BPA. We could certainly use him. But I wouldn't trade the farm for him. Not when we could also use a WR, DE, NT, FS, and CB.

We need those 3rd rounders (at least pick 74). Should be some good players available in that range.
Share 49ersWebzone