LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Niners targeting a big CB in draft?

I'd love to trade up for Rhodes, I don't see why not, next season we will have a pick around 30 again in the first. I'd be willing to trade up to land a guy who could be the missing piece a number 1 shutdown cb. This defense is amazing as is, just imagine a guy like deion on this defense how much better he would make us. I say do it blaake trade up for him. He showed his willing to trade up to land the guy he wants with the trade for AD, Colin! DO IT DO IT NOW GET ME A SHUT DOWN CB!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
All these CB's have the same problem stiff hips look more like Safeties to me

LOL....wut? I can see that with Amerson, but Banks and Rhodes are pretty smooth and held up in coverage against a variety of wide receivers.

Actually Deion Sanders aka Leon Sandcastle said the same banks is to slow for a CB & Rhodes has stiff hips during their drills
Also, the tradeoff you generally make with a bigger CB is that won't be the guy defending smaller slot receivers. Most bigger cornerbacks won't have as much agility or be able to move their hips as well as a guy that's 5'10", 5'11".......but the tradeoff is that you've got a bigger body that takes up more space and can really take bigger wide receivers out of the game for the most part.

LOL....wut? I can see that with Amerson, but Banks and Rhodes are pretty smooth and held up in coverage against a variety of wide receivers.

Actually Deion Sanders aka Leon Sandcastle said the same banks is to slow for a CB & Rhodes has stiff hips during their drills
lol that's deion saying that though. Mr. I'm still the best cb in the league and I'm 40+ years old. Dude will never give a cb a good praise because of his hugh ego wouldn't allow him to suggest anyone could be better than him.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

lol that's deion saying that though. Mr. I'm still the best cb in the league and I'm 40+ years old. Dude will never give a cb a good praise because of his hugh ego wouldn't allow him to suggest anyone could be better than him.

I heard him praise Robert Alford with his skills he does seem like a natural corner with good instincts
I heard him praise Robert Alford with his skills he does seem like a natural corner with good instincts

I think size in cornerbacks is overrated, I think Seattle hit gold but what you'll see in the future is teams spreading them out and using quicker, smaller receivers to beat them. Obviously you don't want a midget but I'll take a smaller, quality coverage guy with tremendous quickness and agility any day.

I think size in cornerbacks is overrated, I think Seattle hit gold but what you'll see in the future is teams spreading them out and using quicker, smaller receivers to beat them. Obviously you don't want a midget but I'll take a smaller, quality coverage guy with tremendous quickness and agility any day.

Exactly why I think Tavon Austin would be lethal against those seattle CB's just plain quick/fast

I like Robert Alford out of CB's with Darius Slay & Jorday Poyer as my top 3 CBs in this draft have my heart set out on Matheiu in the mid/late rounds

Safety I like Elam, Reid, JJ Wilcox
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Mar 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM ]
Exactly why I think Tavon Austin would be lethal against those seattle CB's just plain quick/fast

I like Robert Alford out of CB's with Darius Slay & Jorday Poyer as my top 3 CBs in this draft have my heart set out on Matheiu in the mid/late rounds

I agree with Austin. Big receivers are nice, but if you want to beat big cornerbacks, you do it with speed and quickness.

You lost me on Elam, not a fan, small, not great in coverage, would much rather have either of the latter two.

I agree with Austin. Big receivers are nice, but if you want to beat big cornerbacks, you do it with speed and quickness.

You lost me on Elam, not a fan, small, not great in coverage, would much rather have either of the latter two.

Agree would LOVE Austin as a 49er but highly doubtful but yet again I said that with Crabtree when he feel so I have hope

Elam is more of a SS I know I see him a replacement of Whitner but would rather have Reid & Wilcox to develop in the later rounds.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

I'd trust the thoughts of scouts, GM's, and coaches on whether they think a player can play over a guy who's paid to sit there and talk nonsense to get ratings.

I remember years ago when Asante Samuel left New England for Philadelphia someone on here was saying how he was gonna be terrible because New England covered how horrible his hips were. Lol. I think a lot of people just look for something in a player to say isn't good to make themselves look like they know more about football.
Not trying to insult you because a lot of people do it.

Share 49ersWebzone