LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Yay Area's Mock Offseason Part 2

We Lose: Sopoaga, RJF, Goldson, Walker, Ginn, Moss
FA: Glenn Dorsey, Phil Dawson, Josh Johnson, Marlon Moore, Dan Skuta, Craig Dahl

Trades:
Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs for a 2013 2nd round pick (34 overall), and a conditional 2014 pick
3(74), 4(128), and 7(237) for 2(54) ..... this is just an approximation. the trade is simply for a late 2nd
5(164), 6(180), and 7(227) for a 4(125) ....this is just an approximation. the trade is simply for a late 4nd

Our Picks:
1(31) - Datone Jones DE UCLA
2(34) - Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
2(54) - David Amerson CB/FS NC State
2(61) - Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
3(74) - Traded
3(93) - Vance McDonald TE Rice
4(125) - Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
4(128) - Traded
4(131) Comp Pick - Matt Scott QB Arizona
5(157) Comp Pick - Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky
5(164) - Traded
6(180) - Traded
6(197) - Traded for Anquan Boldin
7(227) - Traded
7(237) - Traded
7(246) Comp Pick - Michael Williams TE Alabama
7(252) Comp Pick - Reggie Dunn WR Utah

I believe this draft sets them up quite well and provides a lot of depth and potential competition to those already on the roster. The additions of Datone Jones and Brandon Williams provide much needed depth to our Dline. Phillip Thomas and David Amerson add more depth and competition to our secondary. Thomas could be our starting FS right off the bat. Amerson can be the big corner we seek, and if that doesn't work out, he can switch to S also. And looking into the future, if Whitner isn't resigned, Amerson and Thomas could be quite the playmaking duo at safety. Quanterus Smith can challenge Darius Fleming and Cam Johnson, our OLB draft picks last year, to provide depth and pass rush ability behind Aldon and Ahmad. To ovecome the loss of Delanie Walker, Vance McDonald is a good receiving TE and Michael Williams is arguably the best blocking TE in the draft. Matt Scott, while no Kaepernick, has a similar skillset and would make for a good backup QB. Reggie Dunn isnt that great of a WR, his hands are really lacking, but his game breaking speed made him one of the best returners in the college football. Basically, he could be our new, younger, cheaper version of Ted Ginn. And finally, Marcus Lattimore could potentially be a gem in this draft. We give him a year to essentially redshirt, and in a year or two, he could take over for Gore as our #1 RB.
I think Brandon Williams is too high so I would say pick up Brandon Williams with 54th pick while picking up banks with our 34th. Then its a solid mock IMO.
I feel that a QB N RB are wasted picks Kaep is developing N needs all tha coaching staff N yes gore getting old but we need defense youth maybe a OLB/PASS RUSHER a bigg WR BUT PLEASE NOT ROGERS N no O-line help
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I think Brandon Williams is too high so I would say pick up Brandon Williams with 54th pick while picking up banks with our 34th. Then its a solid mock IMO.

I don't know much about Banks. Why do you prefer him over Amerson as a big corner/potential FS?
like your take on where we need to go in the draft. Would be very happy with your selections.
your tading 3 pick so you can draft a guy that is hurt and probably not going to play this year. Marcus Lattimore RB NO thanks.
I'd rather keep the 3rd and 4th round pick and draft a CB there.
Share 49ersWebzone