LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

Why draft a big super fast reciever

Originally posted by NTeply49:
Aaron Dobson

+1 Great guy to Develop behind Crabtree & Boldin

Now that we have Boldin, and can afford to hope Manningham comes back healthy, and Jenkins developes, The guys i would like to see drafed are Ace sanders, and Brandon Kaufman.

Kaufman could develop into a big physical redzone target, and Ace would be a nice ST replacement for Ginn, and offer some unique packages on Offense.
I know he's not big but he has game speed.

Robert Woods in the second.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Aaron Dobson

Big, Fast, and can get the jump ball in the redzone. This is my WR draft crush, and best part is he can be had out of the bargain bin in the mid rounds due to an injury and sub par quarterback play
[ Edited by NTeply49 on Mar 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM ]
We really don't have much more than a handful of warm bodies at WR beyond Crabtree.

Boldin spent most of his time in Baltimore being pretty average, and turned it on at the end of last year. But there's no telling if we'll get that level from him now. And past that, we've got injured and unproven players, many of whom haven't done much when given chances.

I think we need to draft multiple WRs and create competition. I don't think Manningham, K Williams, Lockette or even Jenkins should be assured of a spot on the team.

With all our picks I think we need to draft like 3 WRs and let the best players survive the cuts. Spend early, mid, and late picks on guys like Hopkins, Bailey and Sanders. No more settling for guys that can't beat out the Joe Hastings of the world for playing time.
Aaron Dobson

dobson is intriguing but looking at his career he had, in his last 3 years, 600+ yards each season, but never broke 700 or more..so on one had he has been consistent but the production hasnt been great..maybe the qb was bad
Aaron Dobson

Can't remember a catch like this...ever! Pretty amazing! Must have incredibly large and strong hands.
Receivers seem to be like CB's...you can never have enough good ones. We need another baller...why not a big one who can run to daylight. I'm not in favor of burning multiple picks to trade up in the 1st rd for one, or for any player, for that matter. The vast majority of experts agree the biggest talent pool is between picks 20-70..so, I'd like to see Baalke trade up to get a couple more picks in that range. As for TE, yeah, we need one of those, two. If Eifert's on the board at #34, say, pull the trigger and get him. I'm holding out for the best "big" DL at #31.
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
Imo we shoulld use our 1st 3 picks on defense dt/nt-3/4 de-safety
D. Jones
J. Williams
P. Thomas

Aaron Dobson

Yeah, take a soild CB and Dobson after those three and I would be down with that draft.
Aaron Dobson

Sounds like a nice big body with a little speed. Wouldn't mind picking him up in the draft.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Aaron Dobson

Sounds like a nice big body with a little speed. Wouldn't mind picking him up in the draft.
He's my official semi under the radar draft crush. Big, fast receiver that can win the jump ball one on one. Sounds like the perfect developmental WR to compliment Crabtree. Does anyone have anything bad to say about the guy? Maybe he deserves his own thread.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/04/03/small-school-wr-goard-likely-on-49ers-draft-board/

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/WR-Tyrone-Goard-is-the-perfect-red-zone-target/4d4b0f11-8557-43c3-ab87-43ea02c7073e
I'm willing to trust Harbaugh and give Lockette and the rest of our young WR's a chance this year.
I say we draft Robert Woods from USA. We can get him in the third round and he is BY FAR the most polished WR I am this draft. Runs GREAT routes and has fantastic hands. Also he KILLED Richard Sherman in college!
After the 3rd round guys I

Da'Rick Rogers 6'2'' 205 lbs 61 rec 893 yards 15.2 average 10 td's

Tavaress King 6'0'' 195lbs 42 rec 950 yards 22.6 average 9 td's

Corey Fuller 6'2'' 200 lb's 43 rec 815 yards 19.0 average 6 td's
Share 49ersWebzone