Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
SO based on your rankings the Niners could get:

1) Keenan Allen
2A) Jonathan Banks
2B Jonathan Jenkins
3A Jamie Collins
3B Philip Thomas

Give me those 5 and I wouldnt care about the rest of the draft

The team is in a great position. Nine picks in the top 160s. Can load up if they want. The talk of this group right now is Collins.
I didn't see Kenyon Barner on there. I take it you don't see him as draftable, but I am curious to see what your thoughts on him are.

1) Keenan Allen
2A) Jonathan Banks
2B Jonathan Jenkins
3A Jamie Collins
3B Philip Thomas

That's a slightly different prioritization on positional needs than I have, but I agree that's a great combination of players. Phillip Thomas is my second favorite safety in the draft.

I hadn't heard that Vaccaro's stock is sliding a bit, but MD is often ahead of the curve on that stuff so now I'm drooling about him being available to us with only a minimal trade-up. That made me rethink some things in my mock, as I think S is our #1 need.
Originally posted by oregonniner:
I didn't see Kenyon Barner on there. I take it you don't see him as draftable, but I am curious to see what your thoughts on him are.

Good catch. That is another error. I see him as a mid 4th rounder in this draft. Surprised to not see him on my board as well. Complete oversight. I am going to reload this board tomorrow with all the silly mistakes corrected.

Barner was completely overshadowed at the Senior Bowl by Jonathan Franklin and then had a mediocre Combine, However, the reports from his Pro Day look strong. To me, it is really hard for me to evaluate Oregon offensive players. Their system is so unique that it allows for gigantic holes/gaps in defenses that simply don't exist in thr NFL. To me, he is simply a situational back, and one that can't pass protect, so his game is really limited at the next level.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

1) Keenan Allen
2A) Jonathan Banks
2B Jonathan Jenkins
3A Jamie Collins
3B Philip Thomas

The team is in a great position. Nine picks in the top 160s. Can load up if they want. The talk of this group right now is Collins.

Would love to get Collins in the 3rd but I actually think he moves up to the 2nd rd
Nassib at 8! He might go in the third lol
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Looks pretty good.

- Matt Scott at 43?!?

- Justin Hunter, Jordan Poyer, John Simon, D.J. Swearinger, and Aaron Dobson are too low, in my humble opinion.

Right on with Justin Hunter. The Texans are so high on him that they will most likely pull him off the board with their 27th overall. Plus he was really coming on strong at the end of the year.
Thanks a whole lot for your time and effort. Are you planning on doing a mock draft of your own as if you were the GM?? I know theres critique on the Zone but overall, I KNOW the vast majority highly respect your analysis and like reading your opinions of the team as well.

Plus this year, you would have a lot of (ammo) to work with and could put together a great plan for how to attack the draft. It would be fun!! Do it!!!

I know I will greatly appreciate it.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Marcus Davis isn't listed on MadDog's board as a draftable player. Since the other VaTech WR Corey Fuller is listed twice, I'll assume MD meant for one of those to be Marcus Davis since he is likely a 3rd-5th round prospect.

Don't thnk Davis will be selected. Simply doubled up on Fuller. Will be inserting Reggie Dunn into one of the Fuller slots. Late round WR with return ability and wheels.

Hmmm. Davis is a 6'3", 233 WR who ran a 4.56 (4.40 unofficial) and jumped nearly 40" at the combine. Plus, in terms of production, he had a big Sr. year (with an inconsistent QB) with more than 50 catches, almost 1000 yards, a 18.7 average (13th in the nation) and 5 TD receptions. I don't have any major beefs with your big board and think (as usual), it's great work on your part. But I can't see too many scenarios where a guy like this goes undrafted.
Great work MadDog thanks!

Thing that jumps out at me most is Baccari Rambo in the 5th round. Looks good on youtube, why do you rank him so low?

Im surprised Tavon Austin ranks higher than Patterson & Allen?
Originally posted by SammyFrancisco:
Great work MadDog thanks!

Thing that jumps out at me most is Baccari Rambo in the 5th round. Looks good on youtube, why do you rank him so low?

Originally posted by oregonniner:

Good catch. That is another error. I see him as a mid 4th rounder in this draft. Surprised to not see him on my board as well. Complete oversight. I am going to reload this board tomorrow with all the silly mistakes corrected.

Barner was completely overshadowed at the Senior Bowl by Jonathan Franklin and then had a mediocre Combine, However, the reports from his Pro Day look strong. To me, it is really hard for me to evaluate Oregon offensive players. Their system is so unique that it allows for gigantic holes/gaps in defenses that simply don't exist in thr NFL. To me, he is simply a situational back, and one that can't pass protect, so his game is really limited at the next level.

I agree, but he can catch better than LaMichael James and also is a better punt returner. I think he might have a spot on special teams somewhere.
What's so special about Nassib? I know you put a lot into this kuz so good job!
[ Edited by pelos21 on Mar 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM ]
Hi Maddog,
terrific job as usual.

In your opinion could RB Dennis Johnson be the 2013 version of Vick Ballard?

Thanks
Share 49ersWebzone