LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

MadDog's Big 254 Board

John Jenkins is like 100 slots too high.
Buck is right that Nick Williams was listed at the combine at 6'4 1/2, 309. I was impressed that he put up 28 reps with the long arms. To me, since he carries his frame so well, this is a guy who could put on a few pounds. He is versatile enough to play a 1 gap 34 NT, a 43 DT, or 34 DE. You are right about his quickness. Running a sub 5.00 at 300+ pounds is a terrific feat. I project him higher than most people since I believe his versatility pushes his stock up.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by bigwads:
How much does Jesse Williams short arms worry you? It seemed like Williams was the best player on the Bama defense IMO at the end of the year. He absolutely dominated people towards the end of his career, but his short arms do bother me in a two gap 5 technique.

Williams short arms is his greatest liability entering the draft. The guy has experience at both the 34 NT and 34 DE position, is super big, fast strong. to me, his athleticism makes up for the short arms (he looks pretty smooth as a goalline FB), but I do think he is best suited as an interior defender at the next level.

To me, this is not a very good 34 DE class. The top guys (Floud, Star, Richardson wont be in play for the NIners, and when they are on the clock, if they are looking at 34DE players, they will be down to Kawann Short, who I love when he is motivated (See Senior Bowl notes) and Johnathan Hankins (another guy with a questionable motor..and best suited inside). The next group of DTs are mostly NT's or undertackles and are simply too short and stocky for the outside.
So you scouting for any nfl team yet maddog? Oh you're not? That's right cause you know only 2 things...jack and s**t! Go do something productive with your time other than scouting out potential nfl players and NOT getting paid for it.
John Jenkins is like 100 slots too high.

While I am not a big fan of Jenkins..I think he tires badly after the first couple quarters...big, experienced, space eating toilet cloggers always seem to go earlier than expected..see memo on Ron Stone. This offseason has been good to Jenkins. Solid Senior Bowl week, good showing at combine in dropping weight, and then dropping more to get to 330 at his Pro Day, where he supposedly looked good. I think the arrow is pointing up for him. I'd be shocked to see him go outside the top 75 picks.
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
So you scouting for any nfl team yet maddog? Oh you're not? That's right cause you know only 2 things...jack and s**t! Go do something productive with your time other than scouting out potential nfl players and NOT getting paid for it.

What the f**k? Are you serious?
Dude tore his inferior vena cava. He is border line retarded to keep playing if you ask me.

Great story if he can stay healthy. The question is, "How many teams take him off their board entirely due to this past issue?"
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Just ignore.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Just ignore.

Sorry. Cant do that. Mods please warn this kid. Why dont you show some respect.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
When you watch Short, can you not see a bit of a 3-4 1 gap NT in him ?

Thoughts on this sudden emergence of CB D.J. Hayden ? looks like you have him at 147.. so not buying the hype ?

Why you no love Jordan Poyer as I do ?

As for Poyer, it seems like he has become the forgotten CB in this draft. I consider him the best pure cover corner in the draft, but his speed/strength numbers have been depressing this offseason. Running a 4.54 is pretty mediocre, pushing the bar up 8 times at the combine was bad (he did improve to 11 at his Pro Day), but the 30 inch vertical at the combine followed with a 28 inch at the Pro Day, those are flat out bad numbers.

It could be the lingering effects of his knee injury, but in a very deep corner class, to me he is sitting deeply nehind many others. I have him as an early 3rd rounder right now.

^ I am willing to bet that Poyers interviews made up for the 40 time, he is a sharp guy and interviews well.
Originally posted by mtminer:
Hey MadDog, great work. Why has Toilolo fallen so far? Medical?

His greatest asset is being a tall red zone target, but when you figure the average amount of TEs in most classes is about 15 (last year it was 10), the math doesnt seem to add up to me. Having a prior issue with an ACL also lowers his chances with the probability that teams may red flag him.

In those late rounds, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I simply think teams tend to pick either studly goalline and short yardage blockers, or shiftier guys who can contribute on special teams right away. Toilolo doesn' fit the matrix for either of these.
MadDoggggggggggggggggg,

Leaving Eifert and Ertz out of the conversation. How do you feel about Escobar, Kelce and Sims......as far as fitting with the Niners. I've heard we have met with Escobar and Kelce but haven't heard anything on Sims.
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:

I may not always agree with the man, but there is no need for this kind of crap.
Sorry. Cant do that. Mods please warn this kid. Why dont you show some respect.

Yeah go call the mods cindy brady. Show respect for who?? Some school teacher and a person who matt barrows wrote about before? WoW. Why don't you mention all the FAILED predictions he had! Like Josh Morgan being no more than a practice squad player. Lmao! "Why don't you show some respect." Yeah ok buddy if there was someone who warranted respect. Go cry about it.
Share 49ersWebzone