LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Surprise 1st round pick a running back?

Knile Davis is the best back in the draft in my opinion..he is a feature back..something we lack behind gore..I see hunter an James as more of change up backs.
I could see the Niners trading back the number 1 pick to Buffalo for a 2nd and 3 rd pick if the player they want is gone. Lacy would be nice to compliment the smaller backs we have Gore has about 2 years left and plus his salary We'll need that money for Kap,Crabtree, 1st round TE, S, CB
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I would rather take Kiles Davis in the 5th or 6th. I think he has more talent than anyone.

No way Davis lasts that long. He upped his draft stock in a major way. i say he goes in the 3rd/4th now, more than likely third.
2 words come up - Projectile Vomitting!
I would do back flips if we drafted Eddy Lacy with the Chiefs second round pick. Our O-line pounds teams and Lacy was an SEC monster. His skill set screams Harbaugh
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
2 words come up - Projectile Vomitting!

come up? pun intended?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I dont care how good science is, Lattimore will never be the same after that injury. He might still be good, but he will never be special again.

Tell that to Adrian Peterson

Or Frank Gore.

I would be very surprised if they took a RB in the first, but would not doubt their evaluation until years down the line. I really like the Hunter/James combination to replace Gore if need be. Down the road if a talented RB falls to them? Great.

willis mcgahee too
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
IF, and that's a big IF, we only had Frank Gore and Dixon, then I personally wouldn't mind using the 31st pick on Lacey... The guy will never be pretty, but he will get the job done.. In fact, he reminds me of Frank Gore.. He just gains yardage after yardage..

I know this much, even with lots of back on our roster, I have a feeling that HarBaalke takes a shot on Knile Davis in the 3rd round.. or early 4th..
Originally posted by KegBert on Mar 17, 2013 at 19:20:20:
Would not like this at all. Maybe Lattimore in the 4th.

You're crazy. That would never happen.
[ Edited by USArmyParatrooper on May 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM ]
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

Looks like you scored a home run there !! Congrats !! LOL. I actually liked Knile Davis and Le'Veon Bell at the time. Lattimore is a north-to-south runner, kind of like Frank, I just hope he can be as good as before when he recovers.
we are set at RB for the now and the next 4-5 years IMO.

Sir you are a genius, how did you predict that
Originally posted by ColinKap:

Sir you are a genius, how did you predict that

Wish I could take credit for it as a prediction. But unfortunately I was just hoping we could pick him up.

Definitely stoked about the pick though! Even more so now that I have heard all the glowing remarks from the SC fans that have come to share stories about this young man.
Wish I could take credit for it as a prediction. But unfortunately I was just hoping we could pick him up.

Definitely stoked about the pick though! Even more so now that I have heard all the glowing remarks from the SC fans that have come to share stories about this young man.

Genius is rite, and great minds think alike. i had us getting Lattimore in my Mock Drafts too. The move was fricken brilliant !,,, We need Gore replacement, but not this year, so instaed of rolling da dice for next year, or getting a guy this yr. who may not see the field and take up a roster spot- We get da best of both (we get his replacement, he doesnt take up a roster spot, but has time to learn offense), No need to get a guy next yr. now..LUV DIS PIC !
Share 49ersWebzone