There are 165 users in the forums

Surprise 1st round pick a running back?

We 1st need to get our DL as dominant as our OL because when we can win in the trenches we bloody our opponents noses and dictate games. Then we need to get depth at OLB and draft a S or two. After that I am down for getting a RB, QB, TE and K. For luxury since we have plenty of picks another WR
Gore's got 2 year left, I think. I wouldn't put it past Baalke to stash Lattimore on the IR with a 3rd or 4th rd pick. Hunter and James are more complimentary type backs, so a sturdy "every down" type is a necessity sooner then later.
I don't think we should even consider drafting a running back before the 4th round.
I don't think we should even consider drafting a running back before the 4th round. Maybe take a chance on lattimore with our last pick in the 3rd MAYBE
I would rather take Kiles Davis in the 5th or 6th. I think he has more talent than anyone.
I dont care how good science is, Lattimore will never be the same after that injury. He might still be good, but he will never be special again.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I know, bruh. I know MOST people are joking.

But i do know a few ppl who actually got mad over draft picks. DRAFT PICKS. One actually broke his brand new tv when the raiders drafted DHB.

This, plus some of the responses make me really want them to pick a RB in the 1st or 2nd. Having a solid replacement RB when your starter is over 30 is never a bad thing, I will look like a football genius (I'm far from it), and many Draft War Room heads will explode.

Win - Win - Win
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I dont care how good science is, Lattimore will never be the same after that injury. He might still be good, but he will never be special again.

Tell that to Adrian Peterson
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I am happy with our current running backs. We have 3 good RB. There is no need to draft another until one of them leaves our team. We saw how long it took us to get LMJ on the field, so if we had a 4th good RB, when would they ever see the field?
Originally posted by fryet:
I am happy with our current running backs. We have 3 good RB. There is no need to draft another until one of them leaves our team. We saw how long it took us to get LMJ on the field, so if we had a 4th good RB, when would they ever see the field?

I don't think any of our others are franchise caliber RB's, including LMJ. They're situational, and when Gore gets hurt and/or retires it will be a serious blow to our offense.

Originally posted by kentc1978:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:

Tell that to Adrian Peterson

Or Frank Gore.

I would be very surprised if they took a RB in the first, but would not doubt their evaluation until years down the line. I really like the Hunter/James combination to replace Gore if need be. Down the road if a talented RB falls to them? Great.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 18, 2013 at 6:53 AM ]
The RB they draft should be Marcus Lattimore, but not 'til 4th rd or so. He's recovering from a major knee injury, but they won't need him 'til 2014 season. Gore's still going strong, thanks in part to Hunter and James. They give him the rest he needs and have given Roman different skills to give the Niners a potent backfield. Strange as it may sound, if we take a S in the 1st rd it'd be the first time since '92, when they took Dana Hall. I see either that or best big DL on the board...am hoping Sly Williams is available.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Gimme Marcus Lattimore, or knile Davis and i will be happy.

Well that we can agree on!
Unless we can find a RB that can also play CB, safety and DE.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Unless we can find a RB that can also play CB, safety and DE.

Jimmy Johnson? Grab him!
Share 49ersWebzone