There are 189 users in the forums

Deandre Hopkins' ridiculous hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwB5J11rmdU
Nice
yea thats sweet but does he have good hands in traffic?
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:

Yes, he's got fantastic game tape. My favorite prospect in this draft by miles

He honestly has some of the best hands I've ever seen on any collegiate receiver. He's known for making spectacular catches in traffic and along the sidelines. He really worked on getting open downfield this season.

<div class="video youtube-DB4XY_V3TXE"> </div>
<div class="video youtube-DB4XY_V3TXE"> </div>
<div class="video youtube-DB4XY_V3TXE">Samuel L. Jackson tweeted this during the Clemson-Auburn game this year after Hopkins made an insane TD catch while being interfered with in the corner of the endzone:</div>

modded
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Mar 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM ]
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Yes, he's got fantastic game tape. My favorite prospect in this draft by miles

and it's not just the hands. He has the instincts to know where the ball will be and adjust to it, so that he's always in position to get his hands on the ball. once he does, it's over
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Damn! If we didn't need much help with the D-Line/Secondary, I believe HarBaalke would be giving this guy serious consideration. I really don't think he'll be there still when it's time for our 2nd picks...
wheres he projected? He looks really slow. I hope that makes him fall to us lol.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
wheres he projected? He looks really slow. I hope that makes him fall to us lol.

he is projected around our area. but i seriously doubt we will draft any wr not name tavon austin

He's not the fastest, but to say really slow isn't accurate either. He's projected in the 22-38 range. Stock is on the rise. The most likely spots for him are with the Vikings or Houston

Originally posted by gold49digger:

he is projected around our area. but i seriously doubt we will draft any wr not name tavon austin

not sure austin fits the mold of players we draft. We go bigger rather than faster most of the time. Especially since AJ is the faster smaller WR. Guys like Austin, Harvin, Jackson, etc., don't make the type of impact in the league that guys like Julio and Wayne do.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

not sure austin fits the mold of players we draft. We go bigger rather than faster most of the time. Especially since AJ is the faster smaller WR. Guys like Austin, Harvin, Jackson, etc., don't make the type of impact in the league that guys like Julio and Wayne do.

Seems like last year we went after speed rather than size (AJ and LMJ). Not saying its a trend and will happen again this year tho. It would be awesome if we can use Austin how the packers use Cobb (out of backfield, etc)
Looks like Dwayne Bowe. Wouldn't be upset
Originally posted by AUniner:
Looks like Dwayne Bowe. Wouldn't be upset

Size wise yes. He's got much better hands, is a much better route runner (elite route runner), but not nearly as physical. That's where his game must improve. Could get jammed at the line
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He's coming out early and I don't think he's even 21 yrs old yet... I think he just grew an inch or two (making him 6'2/6'3 by now)

Yeah, he's not very fast, but not slow, at all. Besides all that, he got skills and he can CATCH!!

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/3/7/4075452/clemson-pro-day-results-deandre-hopkins-40-yard-dash

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-50-clemson-wr-deandre-hopkins-055622704--nfl.html

(IMO) any shortcomings from this stud can be corrected in time for him to make an immediate impact this season...
Share 49ersWebzone