LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

What about trading up for FS Kenny Vaccaro

I like David Amerson (highly recruited safety when in high school) in the early 2nd. Yes, I know he played CB in college, but so did Goldson...but they have similar height (6'2"), build and the ability to make plays on the ball. IMO, Amerson and Phillip Thomas are the closest thing to a ball-hawking safety that this draft has to offer.
Originally posted by hofer36:
elam is under 5-10..short for a safety

Plus we already have Trenton Robinson.

As far as the topic, more and more I say don't because of this deep S class. Cyprien, Elam, Reid, both Thomas's, Rambo, etc. One of these foos will be ours and can be had in the second n third rounds AND their skill set and talent are not that far off from ea other. I would rate Cypien just ahead of Reid and Elam, but not by much.

If we trade up, I would hope it would be for Star or Richardson as both have incredible motors and are starters from day one especially with Star being able to play anywhere on the DL.

But don't trade up for Vaccarro.
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM ]
What's up with Kenny Vaccaro's slow ass 40 yard dash doe? Was he injured or something? Looks much faster on tape..
I haven't seen anything more than highlight film on this guy. How does he compare with Eric Berry, Mark Barron, Earl Thomas, and the like?
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
No way. I'd rather have Elam or Cyprien and keep the picks. We have more needs then just safety.

The best safety, Earl Thomas says
Even though I've toyed with the idea before, I don't think we should.. Would cost too much to trade up and he's not an elite safety IMO
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I haven't seen anything more than highlight film on this guy. How does he compare with Eric Berry, Mark Barron, Earl Thomas, and the like?

I don't think any safeties this year are of that caliber
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
No way. I'd rather have Elam or Cyprien and keep the picks. We have more needs then just safety.

My thoughts exactly. He got beat a few times this year when qbs could hit over top of him.
He is my 4-5 ranked safety.
Why isn't anyone talking TJ McDonald? Yeah our last usc safety was a failure but McDonald would be a good pick in the mid rounds.
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
The best safety, Earl Thomas says

Earl Thomas Waaaaaaay over rated.. Check this out. He made the worst play in the history of Safeties. I can never forget this play!! WTF is #12 doing??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur2NfXtvQTs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Share 49ersWebzone