LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

What about trading up for FS Kenny Vaccaro

we could trade both our 2nds 34, 63, as well as our 4th rounder and make it up to about the 18-19th overall pick. (based on the draft pick value chart)

19th: FS Kenny Vaccaro Texas
31st: DE Datone Jones UCLA

I know its a pipe dream guys, but it would be sweet!
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Mar 17, 2013 at 5:09 AM ]
No way. I'd rather have Elam or Cyprien and keep the picks. We have more needs then just safety.
wont need to IMO
I am all for it!!! get it done baalke, we need a good coverage safety and vacarro would step in immediately and I think whitner's mentorship will help limit Kenny's rookie mistakes. Whitner cant play coverage for sh*t but he is one smart player!
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
No way. I'd rather have Elam or Cyprien and keep the picks. We have more needs then just safety.

elam is under 5-10..short for a safety
What's so good about him to make him stand out from the rest of the safetys?
Originally posted by hofer36:

Ed reed is 5' 11''
I Hope 49ers Draft Tyrann Mathieu and put him at Safety
I really like Kenny Vaccaro, but at 31 and 34 we have two solid picks and one of them can be a safety. I'm for keeping the picks, there are so many mediocre to bad teams that will be offering the moon for 49er picks. Baalke is cool he'll sit and wait and make the best deals. Can't wait for the draft.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
There really isn't a huge dropoff from Vaccaro to Eric Reid.

Agree about not much of a dropoff. Keep the picks, get 2 good players at 31/34 and then trade up from 62/74 if need be. Some of you are obsessed with trading up far in the 1st, but it's not that type of draft. Not much of a difference from pick 15 to pick 31 and we need at least 6-7 good players, not 1 or 2.
Prefer Elam
Originally posted by hofer36:

Elam is a Strong Safety in the pros Eric Reid please
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Agree about not much of a dropoff. Keep the picks, get 2 good players at 31/34 and then trade up from 62/74 if need be. Some of you are obsessed with trading up far in the 1st, but it's not that type of draft. Not much of a difference from pick 15 to pick 31 and we need at least 6-7 good players, not 1 or 2.

I agree with this.

Trading up or getting more picks on day 2 is going to be the goldmine. How we performing in FA is showing we are not planning on starting any draftee. Aldon, Kap, Kendall, and Culliver is exactly how they want rookies. Limited playing time getting them used to NFL, and not having to rely on them like other teams do.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we could trade both our 2nds 34, 63, as well as our 4th rounder and make it up to about the 18-19th overall pick. (based on the draft pick value chart)

19th: FS Kenny Vaccaro Texas
31st: DE Datone Jones UCLA

I know its a pipe dream guys, but it would be sweet!

No thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone