There are 159 users in the forums

Tavon Austin in the 1st

If we not only take Austin, but trade up for him, it would speak worlds, to me, at how fast the front office has lost faith in AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by amg1713:
If we not only take Austin, but trade up for him, it would speak worlds, to me, at how fast the front office has lost faith in AJ Jenkins.

i dont see that--jenkins and austin arent really penciled in for the same position i dont think..austin would be more iof a slot receiver, while jenkins more of an outside receiver
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:

i dont see that--jenkins and austin arent really penciled in for the same position i dont think..austin would be more iof a slot receiver, while jenkins more of an outside receiver

I agree, and it also could have more to do with how they see Austin.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by hofer36:

I agree, and it also could have more to do with how they see Austin.

Of course Austin can play in the backfield/slot/wide & returner the Joker
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we are not taking a WR in the 1st or the 2nd, you guys are hilarious, wake up from your Pipe Dreams

It seems to me Baalke has positioned himself to take the BPA. We may not take a WR, but you need to wake up from your dreams if you think Baalke plans ahead what position he is going to take in each round. How can we possibly know why will be on the board at #31. What if every 1-2 rd DLineman is scooped up and Tavon Austin, Cordarrell Patterson, Keenan Allen and DeAndre Hopkins are all on the board?

so if the BPA is a QB is that what we will take? don't kid yourself. (I never said he already knows who he is going to take)

Especially if the 49ers only have a limited amount of prospect visits & its been WRs Tavon Austin & Quinton Patton hmmmm Interesting
  • buck
  • Veteran
Tavon Austin is moving up.

Bucky Brooks has a new top 50 board. The 6 wide receivers on it are:

14) Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia (20):
Austin has been the talk of the scouting community following his impressive performances at the combine and West Virginia's Pro Day. Scouts view him as a super explosive athlete with game-changing abilities as a hybrid offensive playmaker, which is why he is creeping closer to top-10 consideration.

17) Keenan Allen, WR, Cal (15):
A knee injury has prevented Allen from working out in front of scouts at the combine, but he will get his chance to answer questions about his speed and athleticism at his pro day on April 9. If he can post respectable times in the 40-yard dash and short shuttle, he could be the first receiver to come off the board.

21) Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (17):
Scouts have cooled on Patterson due to his limited major-college experience -- he only spent one year at Tennessee after a stellar JUCO career -- and unrefined route-running skills. He remains the top vertical receiver in the draft, but there are questions about his ability to develop into a legitimate No. 1 receiver in the NFL.

36) Robert Woods, WR, USC (35)

39) DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson (37)

48) Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech (NR)
Given he'll be the 2nd WR chosen (after Patterson), he'd be extremely expensive for Baalke to trade up to get him. I get all his talent...but WR isn't the highest priority, not even close. DL, Secondary, TE would come before that, I'd think. To get him, you're really talking about giving up a mess of picks...and if Baalke were to do that, then he's potentially missing out on top DL, S, CB, etc. Sorry, too expensive...let's focus on getting a number of blue-chippers as opposed to potentially just one.
Were still waiting on Allen workout but I believe Austin will be available at 20
[ Edited by Norwalks_Best on Mar 30, 2013 at 6:18 PM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
We have enough midget WR

None of them are anything like Tavon Austin. Don't kid yourself.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
We have enough midget WR

None of them are anything like Tavon Austin. Don't kid yourself.

Unless tha midget grows '6-8 inches before tha draft ur wasting ur time with me nothing will change my mind ....

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Were still waiting on Allen workout but I believe Austin will be available at 20

Austin will not get past the Rams at 16.

If we want him, we have to be willing to move up before the Rams.
Yes.... Tavon= Playmaker.... Don't care how small he is.. As long as he crosses the end zone at will...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Given he'll be the 2nd WR chosen (after Patterson)

It's not a given. He may be the 1st WR off the board, he might be the 2nd or he may even be the 3rd WR off the board. One thing is for sure Patterson is NOT a lock to be the 1st WR taken.

That would be expensive.
Originally posted by English:

That would be expensive.

Rams are more in need of a Guard or Safety maybe Vacarro @ 16 with their first pick than a WR
Share 49ersWebzone