LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Krabernick's 6 round mock

1. Datone Jones- DE- UCLA- My draft crush. Has high motor, explosive off the line, plays with good strength, high character guy, and has the frame to move up to 290-300 lbs. Would be a perfect player to groom for J. Smith after he leaves.

2a. David Amerson- CB/FS- NC State- Amerson is arguably the best ballhawk in this draft class, and I believe if we move him to free safety he will be an absolute stud and give us a ballhawk we desperately need at safety. Has ideal size for the safety position with a high ceiling.

2b. Brandon Williams- DT- Missouri Southern- Played against low level competition, but had a dominating senior bowl week and has the potential to be a dominant NT at the next level. One of the few NT in the draft that flashes pass rush ability.

3a. Brandon Jenkins- OLB- Florida State- Another pick, another defender. But this is one of those drafts that is so deep on defense that we need to capitalize on it. Would be a late 1st rounder-early 2nd Rounder if not for his injury this season.

3b. Marcus Lattimore- RB- South Carolina- After watching the tape on him, he reminds me a little of Adrian Peterson with less speed and explosiveness. High running style, sheds arm tackles and is incredibly tough to bring down. Excellent value pick right here.

4a. Robert Alford- CB- Southeastern Louisiana- This is the last year of Brown's contract, and with all of our possible extensions, we might not be able to afford him. Alford has an incredibly high ceiling, and was one of the stars of senior bowl week. Is very fluid with his hips and movement and could give us a nice project to work on in preparation for brown's departure.

4b. Tyrann Mathieu - CB- LSU- Playmaker and punt returner, has very high ceiling, good value pick

5a. William Gholston- DE- Michigan State- Has first round tools, but struggled due to inconsistancy. What I do like about him is he has a nastiness to him on the field and would be a nice project for Tomsula to work on.

5b. Marcus Davis- WR- Virginia Tech- After watching the tape on him, I just don't understand why he isnt rated higher among draft boards. A physical specimen with a huge frame, good height, and strong hands, could be a great compliment across from Crabtree after Boldin is done.

6. Dustin Hopkins- K- Florida State- Best kicker in the class, obvious pick right here.
[ Edited by Krabernick7 on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
very very good mock! we got our future D-line star, our ballhawk FS, our run stuffing NT, a solid rotational OLB, RB heir to gore, some good projects at CB, huge WR, kicker, and a risky DE that is a boom or bust.
I would be very happy indeed if we do end up with this draft.
If our draft turned out like this I'd be ecstatic!
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Mar 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM ]
Nice draft u have alot guys I like N have on my mock draft(not posted yet) not sure about gholston though just a bust name to me luv Marcus Davis to N hope we get him ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Nice draft u have alot guys I like N have on my mock draft(not posted yet) not sure about gholston though just a bust name to me luv Marcus Davis to N hope we get him ...

Gholston could very well indeed be a bust, but the sky is the limit for him so why not take a flyer on him in the 5th round?
I would avoid any running backs and I would grab the kicker a round early just to be safe we get him. Everything else is perfect.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I would avoid any running backs and I would grab the kicker a round early just to be safe we get him. Everything else is perfect.

I get what youre sayinng about the kicker, but i really believe either one of sturgis/hopkins is there in the 6th and there really isnt much difference between them. Lattimore is too great of a value pick to pass on if he's there in the late 3rd as he would've been a top 15 pick if not for the ACL injury. He seems really determined with a chip on his shoulder and I think he's gonna be a fantastic running back to pair with kaepernick
Datone Jones is ideal, but will he be there? How far and at what cost do we move up to draft him.
Nice Mock draft but too high of a pick for Amerson. He's rated as a third rounder. He tends to get beat by fast WRs and has tight hips. Rather see someone like Cyprien or Elam here.

Originally posted by BrianGO:

As much as I like James and Hunter, I don't see them as full time backs. Picking up Lattimore would allow us to have a future starter on the bench while he rehabs and lets Gore keep playing for another 2 years.
Doesn't solve our WR problem. Boldin is just a small short term piece. We need Rogers, Hopkins, or Patton in the 2nd.

Also, I like Amerson, but not for us. He is very similar to Culliver, who is also a CB / FS tweener. If we go with a DB here, I think we need to target a true CB who can cover the slot and replace Carlos Rogers.
Love this draft and while Ive been working on mine, I also find myself grabbing DEF with the first 4 picks.

I love Datone Jones and would be willing to trade up for him... our 1st, 5th, 6th hopefully would be enough to get him. Seattle being out of the 1st is a huge help for us to land him.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Nice Mock draft but too high of a pick for Amerson. He's rated as a third rounder. He tends to get beat by fast WRs and has tight hips. Rather see someone like Cyprien or Elam here.

Elam is donte whitner clone and honestly I'm not the biggest fan of Cyprien. Amerson does have tightness in his hips hence the move to FS, and he has much superior ballhawking skills over any safety in the class with maybe the exception of Phillip Thomas and Vacarro
[ Edited by Krabernick7 on Mar 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by blm7754:
Doesn't solve our WR problem. Boldin is just a small short term piece. We need Rogers, Hopkins, or Patton in the 2nd.

Also, I like Amerson, but not for us. He is very similar to Culliver, who is also a CB / FS tweener. If we go with a DB here, I think we need to target a true CB who can cover the slot and replace Carlos Rogers.

Both Mathieu and Alford are capable of covering the slot
Share 49ersWebzone