LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Do we still go after a WR with one of our first four picks??

Originally posted by valrod33:
Boldin Kyle Williams and Manningham are on the last year of their contracts. Manningham and Boldin arent long term options and Kyle WIlliams just cant seem to stay healthy. The 49ers should still draft a WR. I want Da'Rick Rogers in the 3rd round

val knows wsup

Da'Rick to the Niners!!!

Late 2nd if we have to.
Absolutely. Were in a good position for the next season but if we want to achieve any type of long term sustainability then we need to continue injecting new talent. Crabtree will get paid and we can count on him to be #1 for the next 4-5 years(hopefully). KW and Mario are not long term options. Were in a good position compared to some teams with WR problems. Some people don't feel that we have a WR problem but we lack youth and I don't feel confidant with our base. Hopefully Jenkins shows up next season but I still want one more reliable and young option for Kaep to throw at. I would hate his career to be hampered by a lack of targets. Maybe we should draft one of the soft handed TE to replace Walker and kill two birds with one stone. I would spend our 2nd round pick on Robert Woods, Darick Rodgers, Tyler Eifert, Zack Ertz, Justin Hunter, Ryan Swope(4th round), or Terrence Williams.
double post.
[ Edited by eonblue on Mar 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM ]
Still wouldn't be surprised if Austin is there at #31 they pick him.
I hope Zack Ertz is available in the 3rd for us .....plus bring back D-Love , our playbook will expand if we can throw some 3 TE formations at the defense when we get into the redzone.

But if we grab a WR with one of our first 4 picks , I hope it's a WR that can stretch the field , we have yet to acquire that speed receiver to take the top off the defense
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Still wouldn't be surprised if Austin is there at #31 they pick him.

After Minny traded away Percy, I can see Tavon going to the Vikings.

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I hope Zack Ertz is available in the 3rd for us .....plus bring back D-Love , our playbook will expand if we can throw some 3 TE formations at the defense when we get into the redzone.

But if we grab a WR with one of our first 4 picks , I hope it's a WR that can stretch the field , we have yet to acquire that speed receiver to take the top off the defense

don't see that happening at all. he'll be gone by the 2nd round
Absolutely! Agree with NeeJ49er in that we need a receiver that can stretch the field. Not sold on AJ Jenkins.
Am I the only guy here that remembers every other vet WR signing we've had over the last 10 years????

I'm excited about Boldin, but I was also excited about Conway, Bryant, Jackson, Lelie, Edwards, and Moss.

The niners need to make upgrading at WR a SERIOUS priority. To me, that means doing more than just trading for a 32 year old vet. That means getting as many good WRs into camp as possible and keeping the best of the best. That means drafting multiple WRs, possibly with high picks. That means being willing to cut whoever doesn't show strong in camp, even it's Jenkins.

They need to fix this. And they won't fix it unless they commit to spending money and draft picks on fixing it.
And BTW, I DO like the Boldin trade.

And I would love to see them draft Hopkins with one of the top two picks.
I think you have to. Ginn and Moss will be gone. Manningham might either be cut or at the least is a huge question mark heading into the season since his recovery time seems like it will be prolonged. I like Williams, plus he will be able to return punts, so between being a PR and WR he eliminates Ginn right there. But like Manningham, he's returning from a knee injury.

The jury is still out on Jenkins. Nobody was able to really see anything from him one way or another last year to make any assumptions about how he will do in the future. He may come out and have a huge year in 2013, but without having that certainty, we need to keep plugging draft picks into that position until we have some reliable long term answers. Boldin is a 1-2 year rental unfortunately, so that pretty much leaves Crabtree as the only other proven player that will be back next year at that position. Keep addressing the position until we don't need to address it anymore.

TE DL Safety
Marcus Davis 4th round
I think it could still happen with the last pick of our top 4. I doubt it would be any sooner.
Yes..... Speedster please.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
no

Seriously? We have 3 picks in the first two rounds.... could easily be 4 if we traded up with our 2 3rd rounders. We got 3 new receivers last offseason, one won't be back, another wont be 100% healthy till at least mid-season, and the other has yet to catch a pass. Not to mention the Williams injury as well.

I highly doubt we pass on all the round 2 WRs in this draft. At the latest, we take on at 74. But I think, even that is a stretch. We are going to get one at 34, 61, or trade up from 74.
Share 49ersWebzone