There are 268 users in the forums

DTG's End of March Re-Mock

Assumptions: (? = still unknown)

Goldson signs huge contract elsewhere (correct).
Sopoaga returns at a discount (incorrect).
RJF lost in FAcy. (correct).
Current back up safeties have not impressed enough to rely as starters (?).
Team happy with Tolzien as back up (?).
Keep and use picks, though I hope they trade some forward (?).
Will be happy with their backup MLB (?).
*New assumption--NTs are plentiful enough to wait until 3rd round.

In

Dawson signed (K)
Dorsey signed (DT)
Boldin on board (WR)
Moore signed (WR/ST)
Dahl signed (S--replace Goldson?)
Skuta signed (LB/ST)

Out

Goldson
Sopoaga
RJF
Walker
Akers

1st Round
#31 Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State, 6'2' 185

2nd Round
#34 Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford, 6'5" 249
#61 Eric Reid, FS, LSU, 6'1" 213

3rd Round
#74 John Jenkins, DL, Georgia, 6"4" 346
#93 Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia, 6'0" 211

4th Round
#125 Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma, 6'1" 194
#128 Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford, 6'3" 244 (Comp Pick)

5th Round
#150 Tharold Simon, CB, LSU, 6'2" 202
#157 Montori Hughes, DT, Tenn-Martin,6'4" 329

6th Round
#12 Ace Sanders, KR, 5"7" 173

7th Round
#21 Duke Williams, SS, Nevada, 5'11" 203
#31 Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida St, 6'2" 193
#40 Quanterus Smith, DE, W. Kentucky, 6'5" 250 (Comp Pick)
#46 Ray Ray Armstrong, SS, Miami, 6'3" 216 (Comp Pick)
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]
Pretty good. I assume that you are resigning Walker. Might have to take d liineman in the late 1st then safety early 2nd depending on their boards. Good job
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pretty good. I assume that you are resigning Walker. Might have to take d liineman in the late 1st then safety early 2nd depending on their boards. Good job

Thanks! Yes, assuming they keep Walker as they seem to really love the guy. Tried to pick the BPA at a position of need without trades or too many FA assumptions. Baalke usually fills immediate needs with FAs so the draft is mostly forward looking...guys who might replace starters over the next three or four years, hopefully sooner if Goldson leaves.
I'd be positively THRILLED with this draft Trent, er, DTG.
Originally posted by kush:
I'd be positively THRILLED with this draft Trent, er, DTG.

Thanks Kush!
Actually like this.

I like your assumptions and think events will fall as you've called.

I'm concerned about Elams size. Do you think that Reid would be gone at that pick?

I like Brandon Williams and was hoping that we could get him in the second round.

Even if Walker stays, the Niners would do well to ahve a taller reliable pass catching TE. That kid Escobar? But you can't have everything, I suppose.

I don't think that matt Scott will fall to the 6th, but I like that pick a lot. Also, does that kicker fall to the 7th?

Nice!
No way Hopkins falls to tha 7th round we need to be smart N spend a 5th round on him...
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Actually like this.

I like your assumptions and think events will fall as you've called.

I'm concerned about Elams size. Do you think that Reid would be gone at that pick?

I like Brandon Williams and was hoping that we could get him in the second round.

Even if Walker stays, the Niners would do well to ahve a taller reliable pass catching TE. That kid Escobar? But you can't have everything, I suppose.

I don't think that matt Scott will fall to the 6th, but I like that pick a lot. Also, does that kicker fall to the 7th?

Nice!

You are probably right about some of the guys going earlier, but I relied on CBS and NFL projections trying not to be too far off. I wanted to take a TE but didn't manage to get one at the right spot...they may jockey around to get Ertz or another guy, something I avoided predicting as this opens up so many options.

Elam is a bit short but he can play either safety position and seems like he may become a better version of Goldson. I predict DBs will go off the board earlier than many have projected. He is actually heavier than Goldson! And fast!

Brandon Williams was another guy who just didn't line up right or he would have been on here as well. Tried to double up on positions of most need, so grabbed Hughes down the line...if he can grow up a bit he may be really good.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone