LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

1st kush mock of 2013

Resign RJF, Delanie, McBath, Grant
Release Akers, Haralson

1.Sylvester Williams NT/DT
2. DeAndre Hopkins WR
2. Robert Alford CB

(Trade pick #74 + our two 5ths for a pick at the top of round 3)

3. Duke Williams S
3. Joe Kruger DE
4. Quanterrus Smith DE/OLB
4. Tharold Simon CB

Draft Hopkins/Sturgis with one of our remaining picks + OL depth if BPA.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Pretty good, kush. Just not feeling Alford in the 2nd.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Pretty good, kush. Just not feeling Alford in the 2nd.

It may be too high for him but he's very physically gifted and I've liked everything I've seen from him on the field. He Appears to have great instincts to me.
Sylvester Williams grades 9th out of 218 Defensive Tackles according to NFL Draft Scout. Our #1 should be able to get more bang for the buck.
I like it. Lots of guys I haven't seen on other mocks. Would you mind telling us all a little about Williams and Alford? Strengths/weaknesses?
Good Stuff ...this would be a great draft IMO
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Sylvester Williams grades 9th out of 218 Defensive Tackles according to NFL Draft Scout. Our #1 should be able to get more bang for the buck.

I really hope Trent Baalke uses a better site than nfldraftscout.com to make his draft board
Originally posted by kush:

I really hope Trent Baalke uses a better site than nfldraftscout.com to make his draft board

If he goes anywhere in the first 2 rounds I tip my hat.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I like it. Lots of guys I haven't seen on other mocks. Would you mind telling us all a little about Williams and Alford? Strengths/weaknesses?

Williams is a big DLman from UNC who has some real nice natural pass rush ability to pair with great raw strength. He showcases great first step quickness to get by OLmen and is really the most impressive DT in this class in that regard. He is constantly disrupting on tape. His conditioning needs a bit of work, as well as his technique, but he appears to learn quickly. He only has 4-5 years of football experience, as he only played 1 year of each HS and JC ball before landing at UNC where he became an immediate starter.

Alford has great physical tools and appears to have nice football instincts. I love his explosion and flexibility and think he has the tools to develop into a very good starting corner. Alford faces a steeper learning curve than most because of the level of competition he faced in college but I am not overly concerned. I can't help but be impressed by the kid's playmaking abilities when I watch his tapes.

If he goes anywhere in the first 2 rounds I tip my hat.

We'll find out soon enough where he actually goes, but color me surprised/ecstatic if he lasts to #31 at all. I think it's more likely he goes top-20 than in the 2nd round.

Nice I just think Williams will be gone
Originally posted by lamontb:
Nice I just think Williams will be gone

I think the same, but a man can dream, right? Man I love to think of how our D could evolve with such a versatile nose.
Interesting.... I've been working on my mock and I have (spoiler alert!) Trufant, Hopkins, and Sylvester Williams with my first three picks. The rankings I've been looking at have Sylvester going a little later. Obviously, my version would be great for the 9ers because they'd get a better CB out of it. But now I'm really curious where Sylvester will end up going.

Seems like this draft is a lot more unpredictable than most.
Big fan of Sylvester Williams and Nuke Hopkins. Wouldn't be mad with those picks at all.

Baalke has shown a preference for productive guys from major programs, so I'm not sure we'll see Alford that early.

Joe Kruger seems like a reach in the 3rd.

Of the 17 guys Baalke drafted in 2011 and 2012, Only 4 didn't play at FBS schools, and the only guy left out of those 4 is Kilgore.
We'll find out soon enough where he actually goes, but color me surprised/ecstatic if he lasts to #31 at all. I think it's more likely he goes top-20 than in the 2nd round.

Kush, I think you are right. He has all the measurable stats and if he's on the 49ers radar it will be early round 2. I think they'll be looking at a safety early on.
Share 49ersWebzone