There are 159 users in the forums

"ATG Pretends to be a Draft Guru" Mock

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Onboard with every single one of these picks with the exception of Jamar Taylor in the 2nd. I'd go with a number of different CBs here (Darius Slay, Dwayne Gratz or even Robert Alford) rather than Taylor, but that's just my preference....definitely like the idea of going DB this early though, just might go with someone else. And not sure we're that active in free agency, so we might need to use more of those picks than we think. All around though, excellent mock.

Thanks for the kind words! Don't have anything against Slay or Alford (don't know much about Gratz) but I've seen these players in a lot of mocks and wanted to offer a bit of a new look. I'm not really qualified to compare among them, I just know that CB would make a lot of sense here and this guy has a skill set as good as any.
With 15 picks and cap room, we end up with no long term young studs at DL ? Especially in a loaded draft like this? I liked that u addressed the 2ndary but this mock still fails imo
Nice mix of FA and draft choices at each position, that is likely how it will roll out. Might need to have a NT drafted as well as signed if we lose both Soap and RJF.
Originally posted by kronik:
With 15 picks and cap room, we end up with no long term young studs at DL ? Especially in a loaded draft like this? I liked that u addressed the 2ndary but this mock still fails imo

You must've missed the Gholston pick. I can easily see him sitting behind RayMac/Smith for a few years then eventually taking over at one of the DE spots. In the meantime, you have veterans Justin Smith and DeVito rotating opposite McDonald.
ATG...one of the better, well-rounded off-season programs I've seen. One thing, though...you've got quite a few FA signings...I like 'em, but to achieve that, there'll have to be some other players traded or released. Example: Goodwin. We could save @ $4.75M if he's cut...we have Kilgore & Looney waiting in the wings. Personally, Looney's the guy I see with the most upside...dude's a bad-ass, and is very smart, to boot. As for your draft picks, a couple reasons it may be hard to get to WR Allen...one, he'll be in high demand by a number of teams in front of us, and two, for some reason, we just don't draft UC players. I see you have Knighton coming on board...not bad, but I'd like to see TB get one or two "bigs" who can play anywhere on the DL. Agree we need vets to replace Sopoaga & RJF...maybe some other options would be Sammie Lee Hill, Desmond Bryant, Jason Jones. Just some thoughts...but overall, I think you did a heckuva job.
Share 49ersWebzone