LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Mock Offseason

First off, I'd like to see Goldson resigned and I would love if we added Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Then I hope we add a solid veteran defensive linemen and I'd like to get Josh Johnson back as a backup qb. Oh and hopefully we resign Walker as well. Those are the key things I'd like to see in the free agency department. I'd love to see the 49ers draft something like this... (not going to speculate any trades even though very likely we do make some trades)

1st-Datone Jones DE (rotate in to play and eventually replace justin smith)

2nd-Jonathan Crypien SS (Compete with Whitner for the starting job)

2nd- Justin Hunter WR (Vertical threat who should also be a good red zone receiver)

3rd- Brian Schwenke C (Hopefully can instantly take Goodwin's job)

3rd- Tyran Mathieu CB (perfect slot/nickel corner. Might be a dumbass, but is a playmaker)

4th- Devin Taylor DE ( Tall defensive end with athleticism but might be raw, sounds kind of like Michael Johnson from Bengals)
4th- Best nose tackle available
5th- Cornelius Washington DE/LB (pass rush depth. He has lots of talent)
5th- A QB to compete with Tolzein and Johnson
6th- Sanders Commings CB (A bigger athletic corner that maybe we can develop)
6th- Dustin Hopkins K (We need one, lol)
7th- Knile Davis RB (athletic as hell and was great in 2010, just has trouble with fumbles and staying healthy)

7th- Levine Toliolo TE (Big ass red zone target)

7th- Mark Harrison WR (6'3 230 4.4 speed 38.5 inch vert with 35 inch long arms)

7th- A free safety or another olb that can play special teams as well

I don't know if it's possible cap wise to sign Goldson, Walker, DRC, and a veteran dlinemen, but if we can pull it off it'd be great.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM ]
Heck yea! I really like the Schwenke pick. He could easily pick up some snaps this year and he could be a starter for the next 10 years. I don't really like the Hunter pick. To be honest I think this dude could be a huge bust. I've watched tape on him and at least half his catchs are with the body. You just can't do that with Kaep throwing you the ball. Not to mention he's a sub par ball thrower. I don't think we draft this dude. I like Kniles Davis Im so glad he killed his combine because he deserved a lot better than what he got at Arkansas in his JR year. I don't think hes going to make it that low but here to hoping.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
id rather go with macdonald than thomas. i think hes gonna be special. its in his blood. plus probably a 9ner fan
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Heck yea! I really like the Schwenke pick. He could easily pick up some snaps this year and he could be a starter for the next 10 years. I don't really like the Hunter pick. To be honest I think this dude could be a huge bust. I've watched tape on him and at least half his catchs are with the body. You just can't do that with Kaep throwing you the ball. Not to mention he's a sub par ball thrower. I don't think we draft this dude. I like Kniles Davis Im so glad he killed his combine because he deserved a lot better than what he got at Arkansas in his JR year. I don't think hes going to make it that low but here to hoping.

I figured we need a big receiver with some speed to stretch the field and be a threat in the red zone. Hunter seems like the best option for that. Who else would you have in mind?
Looks good
Originally posted by fan49:
id rather go with macdonald than thomas. i think hes gonna be special. its in his blood. plus probably a 9ner fan

Who'sThomas? I see no Thomas in the mock unless I missed someone.
I'd swap Hunter for Da'Rick Rogers, get Montori Hughes in the 4th, and Matt Scott in the 5th. It would look like this and we would look like DYNASTY
1. Datone Jones DE
2. Jonathan Cyprien S
2b. Da'Rick Rogers WR
3a. Brian Schwenke C
3b. Tyrann Mathieu CB
4. Devin Taylor DE
4b. Montori Hughes DT
5a. Cornelius Washington DE/LB
5b. Matt Scott QB
6a. Sanders Comming CB
6b. Dustin Hopkins K
7a. Knile Davis RB
7b. Levine Toilolo TE
7c. Mark Harrison WR
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Who'sThomas? I see no Thomas in the mock unless I missed someone.

OK sorry instead of cyprien...
Originally posted by fan49:

You mean McDonald? And no thanks, dude plays like another Whitner, hard hitter, not fluid, struggles in coverage, taking him in the 2nd is a hell of a reach too, he's got about 4th round value.....and I don't care who his daddy is. Joe Montana was a great quarterback but both of his sons suck and have moved from school to school in college just to find playing time.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You mean McDonald? And no thanks, dude plays like another Whitner, hard hitter, not fluid, struggles in coverage, taking him in the 2nd is a hell of a reach too, he's got about 4th round value.....and I don't care who his daddy is. Joe Montana was a great quarterback but both of his sons suck and have moved from school to school in college just to find playing time.

Lol this. Couldn't have said it better.

Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I'd swap Hunter for Da'Rick Rogers, get Montori Hughes in the 4th, and Matt Scott in the 5th. It would look like this and we would look like DYNASTY
1. Datone Jones DE
2. Jonathan Cyprien S
2b. Da'Rick Rogers WR
3a. Brian Schwenke C
3b. Tyrann Mathieu CB
4. Devin Taylor DE
4b. Montori Hughes DT
5a. Cornelius Washington DE/LB
5b. Matt Scott QB
6a. Sanders Comming CB
6b. Dustin Hopkins K
7a. Knile Davis RB
7b. Levine Toilolo TE
7c. Mark Harrison WR

That looks awesome as well
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Lol this. Couldn't have said it better.

Isn't he like a weaker slower Taylor Mays? lol
I say re sign Goldson or franchise him. Easier to get a number 1/2 TE in the draft or FA than a safety.

Re sign Isaac Sopoaga to a cap friendly deal. NT's on the field only 30% of snaps. Sopoaga and Ian Williams are fine for that.

Re sign Larry Grant to a 5 year deal, back up ILB to both spots and special teams. Keep our strength a strength.

Sign Ramses Barden to be the big bodied possesion receiver.

Cut Goodwin- use that money toward Goldsons money.

Pick 31- TE Zach Ertz

Pick 34- Margus Hunt/ Datone Jone or Jessie Williams- one would be available.

I would pick a kicker in the 5th, we need a kicker so use a fifth to ensure we get our number one pick.
Share 49ersWebzone