LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

No-Brainer in 1st Round - WR Robert Woods USC

6'1", 190 lbs

- Five Star recruit coming out of high school
- Fast and electrifying with the ball in his hands, meaning he could return kicks and punts immediately
- Sure handed, good route runner and productive (251 receptions, 2924 yards, 32 td's in three years at USC)

I think Woods is a more polished receiver than AJ Jenkins was when he was drafted. He's played with an NFL caliber quarterback in a pro-style offence. Also, I believe Woods has the ability to play slot receiver. He has a little Percy Harvin in him and he has track star speed.

He has great talent, but I feel he's being slept on because there are around five WR's ranked higher than Woods on most draft boards. If he's available at 31, I would love it if he became a Niner!
If the 49ers were going to take a WR in the 1st round, Woods would be quite a ways down the list of players I'd want them to draft. He's a #2 WR at the next level, at best. He's Robin, not Batman, you draft guys like that in later rounds.
I wouldn't take him with the first or the second. We have more pressing needs, like DL and Secondary that need to be addressed first. If we had KC's 3rd rounder this year and Woods were available though, I might consider using that pick on him. I like Justin Hunter and Da'rick Rogers over him though.
I'll Pass on Woods in the 1st round. I will say though, if he remains available in round 3 and after, i wouln't mind him getting picked then. He was productive but a lot of USC alums lately havn't panned out.
Originally posted by 49ersss:
I wouldn't take him with the first or the second. We have more pressing needs, like DL and Secondary that need to be addressed first. If we had KC's 3rd rounder this year and Woods were available though, I might consider using that pick on him. I like Justin Hunter and Da'rick Rogers over him though.

Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Quinton Patton
Da'Rick Rogers
Justin Hunter

all before Woods.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Quinton Patton
Da'Rick Rogers
Justin Hunter

all before Woods.
Yeah those too, but I was only referring to receivers who might be available in the third :)
No brainer? LMAO
  • buck
  • Veteran

This is irrelevant.
I would not draft him until the 3rd.
rashuan woods?

Originally posted by buck:

This is irrelevant.

This, not sure why people bring these bygone superlatives.

"Back in 7th Grade, Jimmy got a golden ribbon for finishing first in the St Joseph's Parochial School free-throwing shooting competition".....that's just about as relevant.
I saw him at the combine and boy did he stand out to me. He might not be a speed burner but he looked natural running routes and catching the balls, even some of the tougher ones. It would be a nice grab if we did pick him up but we have more bigger needs. He is a BPA pick for us.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

This is irrelevant.

This, not sure why people bring these bygone superlatives.

"Back in 7th Grade, Jimmy got a golden ribbon for finishing first in the St Joseph's Parochial School free-throwing shooting competition".....that's just about as relevant.

I did not know that.

Should have gotten Jimmy instead of Shaq or Wilt the Stilt.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersss:

Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Quinton Patton
Da'Rick Rogers
Justin Hunter

all before Woods.

Not to mention
Cordarelle Patterson
Keenan Allen

Now, if it was his teammate at USC, Marquise Lee, I would be fully on board..
we're not taking another wr in the 1st
Share 49ersWebzone