LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 202 users in the forums

Yay Area's Mock Offseason

First ever post. Let me know what you think.

Let Walk/Released
Leonard Davis
Ted Ginn
Clark Haggans
David Akers
Randy Moss - I'd like to bring him back but I don't think he wants to come back since he was unhappy with his role.
Parys Haralson - While his experience would be great to have as a backup OLB, his salary is too high

Free Agents to Bring Back
Dashon Goldson FS
Ricky Jean-Francois DT
Delanie Walker TE
Tavaris Gooden LB
Isaac Sopoaga DT
Larry Grant LB

Trade Alex Smith and a 4th to KC for 2013 2rd

DRAFT
1 - Datone Jones DE UCLA
2 (KC) - Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
2 - Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
3 - David Amerson CB NC State
3 - Brandon Jenkins LB Florida State
4 - Traded to KC
5 - Matt Scott QB Arizona
5 - Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
6 - Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech
6 - Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
7 - Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky
7 - Traded for future pick

While I would love it if the 49ers traded up into the 10-15 range to pick Ezekial Ansah, I believe this draft sets them up quite well and provides a lot of depth and potential competition to those already on the roster. The additions of Datone Jones and Brandon Williams provide much needed depth to our Dline. Jordan Poyer and David Amerson, who I believe can be our future FS, add more depth and competition to our secondary. Brandon Jenkins and Quanterus Smith can challenge Darius Fleming and Cam Johnson, our OLB draft picks last year, to provide depth and pass rush ability behind Aldon and Ahmad. Marcus Davis can be our goaline WR with his size. Ace Sanders can take over for Ted Ginn as our Special Teams ace, no pun intended. Finally, we add a good, athletic QB to groom in Matt Scott and a much needed kicker in Dustin Hopkins.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I think you hit on our positions of need. I keep reading that this is a good year for safety's and I'd like to see us draft one in the first four rounds. I don't know anything about Amerson

I like it
Originally posted by teeohh:
I think you hit on our positions of need. I keep reading that this is a good year for safety's and I'd like to see us draft one in the first four rounds. I don't know anything about Amerson

I like it

I like this draft a lot as well. Amerson is a big (6'3" 195lbs) ball hawk who has 18 picks in the last 2 years. Many scouts believe that safety will be his best position in the NFL. I think he's going mid 2nd round though.
I like how Amerson projects as that true free safety we've all been searching for. He's a big guy and can fly to the ball. Maybe that's our safety answer?
That would work for me.
Would be a nice haul for the Niners. I seriously doubt that Amerson will last until the 3rd though. I would like to see a pass rushing OLB as well.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Would be a nice haul for the Niners. I seriously doubt that Amerson will last until the 3rd though. I would like to see a pass rushing OLB as well.

Brandon Jenkins is a pass rushing OLB.

measurables are overrated...if you watch this film you will notice the player making plays without having to circle who your watching.

PHYSICAL ball hawk that can cover like a corner.
Not sure about bringing back Soap, RJF and drafting a DT high. Also not sure about Grant being up for staying, he should start somewhere...but other wise this is a nice off season. LIke many I have doubts Amerson is there, but I would take a solid free saftey prospect of any sort in that spot should he be gone. I might take the Soap and Grant money to sign JJ back to play back up QB and use that spot on another reciever. If your not going to go get a solid free agent WR or high draft pick, might as well take a bunch of guys and see who pans out.

In the end though thats all just nit picking...I think anyone would be pretty damn happy to see this come to pass.
Good mock--covered all the bases! Some lists of 100 top players have your guys ranked much higher but...we will see in April!

This draft projection "cheats" by projecting an extra pick at #33. That's highly speculative and unlikely to happen. Let's see how you would do without that cushion. Not nearly as good, but some very nice picks nonetheless. I like those.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
This draft projection "cheats" by projecting an extra pick at #33. That's highly speculative and unlikely to happen. Let's see how you would do without that cushion. Not nearly as good, but some very nice picks nonetheless. I like those.

Cheats? He explained the trade.
Originally posted by mkary12:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Brandon Jenkins is a pass rushing OLB.

Yep. I missed him there. I really like this draft quite a bit and would be very happy with it.
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:

measurables are overrated...if you watch this film you will notice the player making plays without having to circle who your watching.

He looks good on film but guys that like to 'hit' rather than tackle drive me crazy!!. Goldson does the samething all to often. At the NFL level everyone is big and strong. Give me a "tackling" machine anyday!!
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:

Kinda reminds me a little of Bernard Pollard the way he goes around hitting people. Hopefully he's a better cover man tho..
Share 49ersWebzone