Willie Jefferson-DE-Stephen F. Austin- 6-6, 230, SR

Notable UDFA Targets
Ben Obaseki, DE, Indiana State, 6-2, 260 SR
Luke Tasker- Cornell- WR- 5-11, 190, SR
Gary Walker- Idaho- S- 6-0, 200 SR.
Mark Harrison- Rutgers-WR- 6-3, 234
Caleb Schreibeis- Montana State- DE- 6-2, 255, SR
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM ]
Love it. It fills a lot of depth issues. And most notably gives our d-line a true rotation. But Hopkins will be long gone by then and he could be the most important pick on there.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Love it. It fills a lot of depth issues. And most notably gives our d-line a true rotation. But Hopkins will be long gone by then and he could be the most important pick on there.

I agree Hopkins very well may be gone by then, but if he is, fill in that spot with best available K. Sometimes K slide and you never really know where/when they are going to go.
Really don't like the Gholston pick, brutal lack of pass rush ability, he looked lost out there at times, he's one guy I want to stay away from, entirely on his own merits and not due to any...... busterrific relatives.

They need a proper 3-4 DE to rotate in and out, I don't think Gholston is it.

Other than that, I love Alford and Thomas, love Sims, Kaufman of course and Tasker too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Really don't like the Gholston pick, brutal lack of pass rush ability, he looked lost out there at times, he's one guy I want to stay away from, entirely on his own merits and not due to any...... busterrific relatives.

They need a proper 3-4 DE to rotate in and out, I don't think Gholston is it.

Other than that, I love Alford and Thomas, love Sims, Kaufman of course and Tasker too.

Gholston in the third would be a major steal of the draft. He reminds me of Calais Campbell but i think ultimately he has a higher ceiling. Kid just needs some guidance and help getting his head together. Cowboy and Tomsula are just the people to accomplish that.

I kept wanting to include tasker in the seventh and did in my early draft, but ultimately i think he goes UDFA.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Feb 4, 2013 at 3:29 PM ]
I'm curious. Why would we get a compensatory pick in the 3rd? I've seen this a couple of times now and can't remember anything.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
I'm curious. Why would we get a compensatory pick in the 3rd? I've seen this a couple of times now and can't remember anything.

Im not sure exactly TBH, but all of the major beat writers reported it so i go with it.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Second Round- Trade with KC for AS
Phillip Thomas- Fresno State- S- 6-1, 215, rSR

Second round:Own pick
Robert Alford- CB- Southeastern Louisiana- 5-11, 185, rSR

Third round:Likely compensatory selection
Marcus Lattimore-RB- South Carolina- 6-0, 220, JR

Fourth round- Trade with NE patriots- 49ers 2013 5th 2014 5th and 2013 6th
Aaron Mellette-Elon-WR- 6-3, 218, rSR

Fourth round:Own pick
Travis Long- OLB- Washington State- 6-4, 245, Sr

Fifth round:From Indianapolis in trade-back during 2012 draft
Brian Schwenke- C- California- 6-3, 307, SR

Sixth round:From Miami in trade-back during 2012 draft
Brandon Kaufman – WR- Eastern Washington- 6-4, 214 -rJR

Seventh round:From Cincinnati for Taylor Mays
Dustin Hopkins- Florida State- K- 6-2, 190, SR

Seventh round:Own pick
Mark Jackson- OT- Glenville State- 6-6, 335, rSR

I like these selections enough to walk away with enough positives. Not sure that C would be there.

Trade that other 3rd rounder + our 31st overall to move up for Datone Jones or Sharrif Floyd? And I will be .
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Second Round- Trade with KC for AS
Phillip Thomas- Fresno State- S- 6-1, 215, rSR

Second round:Own pick
Robert Alford- CB- Southeastern Louisiana- 5-11, 185, rSR

Third round:Likely compensatory selection
Marcus Lattimore-RB- South Carolina- 6-0, 220, JR

Fourth round- Trade with NE patriots- 49ers 2013 5th 2014 5th and 2013 6th
Aaron Mellette-Elon-WR- 6-3, 218, rSR

Fourth round:Own pick
Travis Long- OLB- Washington State- 6-4, 245, Sr

Fifth round:From Indianapolis in trade-back during 2012 draft
Brian Schwenke- C- California- 6-3, 307, SR

Sixth round:From Miami in trade-back during 2012 draft
Brandon Kaufman – WR- Eastern Washington- 6-4, 214 -rJR

Seventh round:From Cincinnati for Taylor Mays
Dustin Hopkins- Florida State- K- 6-2, 190, SR

Seventh round:Own pick
Mark Jackson- OT- Glenville State- 6-6, 335, rSR

I like these selections enough to walk away with enough positives. Not sure that C would be there.

Trade that other 3rd rounder + our 31st overall to move up for Datone Jones or Sharrif Floyd? And I will be .

Yea im not sure Schwenke falls that far either. More likely the kid from Notre Dame will be there, but im not a huge fan. Schwenke could fall that far depending on what the run on lineman is like, but more than likely he is a 4th rounder.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I think that's really wishful thinking for Alex. I don't see them spending a 2 on a guy they likely see as a stop gap.

Originally posted by toeshawn:
I think that's really wishful thinking for Alex. I don't see them spending a 2 on a guy they likely see as a stop gap.

I think both KC and Browns see him as far more than a stop gap, as will other teams. I think there is a valuable market for AS. But that discussion is already going on in another thread.
If the first 3 rounds went like that I'd be happy. Lattimore would be a steal in my opinion. He would be our next Gore. And if Mellette or Kaufman could develop from small school WRs to really good pros I've been ecstatic. Kaufman could be the steal of the entire draft when all is said and done. The only thing I might change is swapping Mellette with Ace Sanders. I think we need a dynamic returner/deep threat and he could be that guy. I understand why you went Mellette though, has good speed for his size and has really good hands. Just want a guy that will legitimately scare teams as a deep threat or take a 5 yard pass and make some guys miss for big gains. His QBs really didn't allow him to show what he could do.

Edit: forgot to say, Really good mock.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Feb 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
If the first 3 rounds went like that I'd be happy. Lattimore would be a steal in my opinion. He would be our next Gore. And if Mellette or Kaufman could develop from small school WRs to really good pros I've been ecstatic. Kaufman could be the steal of the entire draft when all is said and done. The only thing I might change is swapping Mellette with Ace Sanders. I think we need a dynamic returner/deep threat and he could be that guy. I understand why you went Mellette though, has good speed for his size and has really good hands. Just want a guy that will legitimately scare teams as a deep threat or take a 5 yard pass and make some guys miss for big gains. His QBs really didn't allow him to show what he could do.

Thanks. The reason i didnt go with a WR with more ST abilitys is because he have both LMJ and Hunter coming back for KR, and we Have KW coming back for PR and he showed alot of improvment in the attempts he got before the injury. Jenkins is still a huge question mark.

The guy i would add for ST dutys and sharing time in the slot is Luke Tasker. I wouldnt personally mind spending a late round pick on him, because i think he is a stud, but ultimately i think he goes undrafted, and i would pick him up as an UDFA.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Thanks. The reason i didnt go with a WR with more ST abilitys is because he have both LMJ and Hunter coming back for KR, and we Have KW coming back for PR and he showed alot of improvment in the attempts he got before the injury. Jenkins is still a huge question mark.

The guy i would add for ST dutys and sharing time in the slot is Luke Tasker. I wouldnt personally mind spending a late round pick on him, because i think he is a stud, but ultimately i think he goes undrafted, and i would pick him up as an UDFA.

Also forgot to mention that Alford has ST return ability as well.
I think after Baalke's done trading up we'll come out of the draft with a max of 6 blue-chippers...that will hopefully include Zach Ertz, the best TE in the country. I think most of the rest will be defensive guys. Lattimore's coming off a very serious injury, and may not play at all in 2013. When he's healthy he's a terrific RB, but at this point he'd be a sizeable gamble. Another option could be Stephan Taylor, a RB Harbaugh's very familiar with. For the DL, I like Jesse Williams...assuming they don't re-sign Sopoaga, he could have a shot to start at NT, but could also play DE. Like the S Thomas...and the CB Alford. the latter's size is somewhat in question...I've seen everything from 5-9 to 6 ft on him. Being a 5th yr senior, he's arguably more mature than some, which should be a good thing. Rather than draft a DE, I'm hoping Baalke would sign Randy Starks, a 300+ lb'er who can play inside or out. Harbaugh needs another experienced DL who can play pretty much anywhere on his line.
Share 49ersWebzone