LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

Forty niners 2013 Compensatory Picks

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2013/01/27/2013-nfl-compensatory-pick-projections/

Looks like these guys say a 4th and 2 7ths. They do solid work with AdamJT13, a well known blogger who knows the formula better than anyone else.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Looks like these guys say a 4th and 2 7ths. They do solid work with AdamJT13, a well known blogger who knows the formula better than anyone else.

That makes more sense than a 3rd. Getting a 3rd for Josh Morgan seemed like wishful thinking
4th is for Snyder...Rio and Morgan cancel each other out.
The 49ers are absolutely loaded with draft picks. A 1st,2nd,two 3rds,two 4th's,2 5th's,two 6th's and four 7th's. If that is correct it's 14 picks and possibly more with Alex Smith on the trading block. We won't have the roster spots available to take on 14+ new players so it will be very interesting/exciting to watch Baalke and company work this 2013 draft.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Jan 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM ]
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
4th is for Snyder...Rio and Morgan cancel each other out.

No, because it is based on annual salary. Snyder got more years, but his annual salary cancels out Manningham. Morgan has the largest annual salary.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
The 49ers are absolutely loaded with draft picks. A 1st,2nd,two 3rds,two 4th's,2 5th's,two 6th's and four 7th's. If that is correct it's 14 picks and possibly more with Alex Smith on the trading block.

That sounds about right to me.
Not sure what we can get for Alex Smith, but in principle I'd rather have higher 2014 picks than additional 2013 picks.

4th round pick sounds right. Still not bad at all, a 4th and 2 7th's plus whatever they acquire in a trade for Alex.
With the new CBA, having all these later round picks allow us to package them together to move up in the first and second if necessary. That's huge. Especially if HarBaalke identify a couple more Kaeps or Aldon Smiths. Can't wait.
There's a chance that Brandon Jacobs cancels out Madieu Williams. So, one 4th and one 7th
Originally posted by nickbradley:
There's a chance that Brandon Jacobs cancels out Madieu Williams. So, one 4th and one 7th

No there isn't. Jacobs was released, he doesn't count.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

4th round pick sounds right. Still not bad at all, a 4th and 2 7th's plus whatever they acquire in a trade for Alex.

No not bad at all. Considering we signed no major free agents, and still made the SB.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by nickbradley:

No there isn't. Jacobs was released, he doesn't count.

Yep, Jacobs was a released player by NYG so he doesn't count against us.
I saw Maiocco as recently as a few days ago report that we were getting a third round pick as compensation (making it three total: our original, Carolina's, and the comp pick). He doesn't seem like the type of guy to report unreliable or super speculative info as fact -- I wonder where he was getting the 3rd round compensation info from? I believe he categorized it as "likely" that we'd get a 3rd.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I saw Maiocco as recently as a few days ago report that we were getting a third round pick as compensation (making it three total: our original, Carolina's, and the comp pick). He doesn't seem like the type of guy to report unreliable or super speculative info as fact -- I wonder where he was getting the 3rd round compensation info from? I believe he categorized it as "likely" that we'd get a 3rd.

I'm going to think in terms of a 4th. In the unlikely event Maioco is right, it'll be a nice bonus. History does not support a 3rd rd compensation for any of the players we lost though so i don't see it.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Last time we had a 3rd round comp pick we selected Ray McDonald. True story

Thanks AB, another good reference! with two thirds and two fourths the draft should be even more interesting to watch. Would be nice if they could package a third, fourth (our own picks) and Smith for a high second/low first round pick. Not sure of the value teams will place on Smith but the right coach and he settles a team down and can win.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Feb 6, 2013 at 6:33 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone