There are 165 users in the forums

Best Tight End in the Draft

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by English:
Can't see us taking one before round 4 and maybe not that early.

Are you assuming that the Niners re-sign Walker or let him walk? If Walker is gone, I think the Niners will take one between the 3rd -5th rounds.

The problem is Garrett Celek -- Harbaugh doesn't have a problem upgrading at a players expense IMHO, especially a UDFA but I could honestly see Celek challenging for #2 roll and we bring in another UDFA + day 3 pick to compete for the #3 spot.

I'd love for us to draft almost any of the TEs in this class but players like Colt or Seferian-Jenkins both look like 1st or 2nd round TEs if they come out next year. Picking in the late 20s or 30s in round 1 puts both of them at play unless Jenkins has a Vernon Davis like ascension to the top 15 let alone top 5-10 picks.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Our passing game needs serious help.

If Eifert and/or Ertz is on the board when we draft in the first round, I would not be surprised if we took one of them.

[ Edited by buck on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
AJ McCarron's girlfriend
Originally posted by buck:
Our passing game needs serious help.

If Eifert and/or Ertz is on the board when we draft in the first round, I would not be surprised if we took one of them.

I was big on Fleener last year and still think it would have been a decent move. Eifert would be great. I think with Kaep at QB, adding more weapons will only benefit. VD gets double teamed all the time. Crabs has emerged this year... If we can add more pass catching weapons to a good and fast run game it will only help.
my TE draft crush still goes to joseph fauria. i think harbaugh will really like this guy and can find ways to utilize him with mismatches
Originally posted by vrabbit:
AJ McCarron's girlfriend

The most interesting guy to me is Colorado's Nick Kasa. He's a 6'6", 260lb former defensive end who only started playing TE late in 2011...former high school sprinter will probably run a 4.5-4.6 at the combine/pro day and apparently is a pretty good blocker already. Was actually 5th in the Pac 12 in YPC, which is pretty good for a guy still learning the position.

Can't say I've ever seen him play, but he has Gronk-like potential according to his teammate:

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_22044051
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Can't wait for Colt to come to the NFL. I've never seen a TE that has his type of athletic skill set. He is kind of a RB trapped in a TEs body.

I don't know how well he runs (4.6?), and a lot will depend on him getting used more in the Oregon offense, but he looks like a 1st round TE. I hope he gets used more at Oregon becuase he could be a game changer at TE.

He actually played RB and LB in H/S, so he is a RB trapped in a TE's body. Against Arizona, actually, he ran the ball 7 times for 63 yards and a touchdown, but I never saw Oregon use that package again, unfortunately.

I really do hope he is used more in the offense next year. With Barner being gone and Marshall likely becoming the starting tailback, hopefully we pass the ball a little more and get Lyerla involved. He's too good of an athlete to let disappear on offense.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by sfout:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/another-stanford-te-takes-off-to-nfl/

Toilolo left early as well

My favorite TE. Based solely off potential, kid could be awazing. He has a lot of work that needs to be done, but I'd love to have the kid be a Niner.

Potential and allot of work to be done... sounds like a Baalke pick to me.
He would be a nice compliment to the offense even if Walker stays, which I think he will.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
The most interesting guy to me is Colorado's Nick Kasa. He's a 6'6", 260lb former defensive end who only started playing TE late in 2011...former high school sprinter will probably run a 4.5-4.6 at the combine/pro day and apparently is a pretty good blocker already. Was actually 5th in the Pac 12 in YPC, which is pretty good for a guy still learning the position.

Can't say I've ever seen him play, but he has Gronk-like potential according to his teammate:

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_22044051

That was your first mistake.

Kasa's like a combination of Ryan Otten and Dion Sims, big physical guy, very raw as a blocker, gets downfield with surprising speed considering his size, hands are pretty questionable at this point, very limited as a route runner. A lot of potential to work with if some team really wants to take the time. I'd say he's a late 6th round/early 7th round pick at best right now.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM ]

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by sfout:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/another-stanford-te-takes-off-to-nfl/

Toilolo left early as well

My favorite TE. Based solely off potential, kid could be awazing. He has a lot of work that needs to be done, but I'd love to have the kid be a Niner.

I want Ertz because I live in Danville (he went to Monte Vista) and I think he would be a great asset to the team. That being said I am a DL believer for the first two pick. Toilolo would be available rounds 3-7, depending on BPA i would love Toilolo to be a niner.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
AJ McCarron's girlfriend
Contrary to Flynn's girlfriend, she is indeed something special.
C.J. Fiedorowicz* {Iowa} is a good blocker with good hands. Fauria seems like a diva to me. If we went with Ertz in second I would be fine with that too.
We need DL in the first round.
Share 49ersWebzone