2012-43 tackles-9 for loss-4 sacks-f passes batted down
Looks like hes very active- looks like a gem
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
6'3 305
2010-44 tackles-7 for loss-2.5 sacks
2011-31 tackles-3 for loss-2 aacks
2012-43 tackles-9 for loss-4 sacks-f passes batted down
Looks like hes very active- looks like a gem

Looking at the wrong Marlyand D-Lineman. Joe Vellano is a DT/DE that could fit as a 3-4 DE. Very good, high motor player. Probably the most active D-Lineman in the draft.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Looking at the wrong Marlyand D-Lineman. Joe Vellano is a DT/DE that could fit as a 3-4 DE. Very good, high motor player. Probably the most active D-Lineman in the draft.

I disagree, I think he's more of a 4-3 DT than anything else. He's short for a 3-4 DE and needs to add weight eitherway.

Francis is more along the lines of having the appropriate size but lacks overall quickness, not enough pass rush pop, I don't see how he'd be an improvement over RJF.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I disagree, I think he's more of a 4-3 DT than anything else. He's short for a 3-4 DE and needs to add weight eitherway.

Francis is more along the lines of having the appropriate size but lacks overall quickness, not enough pass rush pop, I don't see how he'd be an improvement over RJF.

He is 6-2 285 lbs with a frame to go up to 290lbs by the look of him. Ray McDonald is 6'3, Ricky is 6'3. Velano is about the same size as them with some off-season training.

And the operative word was could
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
He is 6-2 285 lbs with a frame to go up to 290lbs by the look of him. Ray McDonald is 6'3, Ricky is 6'3. Velano is about the same size as them with some off-season training.

And the operative word was could

6'2" sounds iffy, I've seen him listed anywhere from 6 feet to 6 foot 2...usually reality splits the difference. At the combine I predict he'll be just a bit shy of 6'1". One of the knocks against him is that he's basically a guy without a position in the pro's, too small to be a 3-4 DE, not enough weight to be a 4-3 DT although I do predict he'll likely have an easier time gaining weight than he will gaining height.

For a 3-4 DE, I want a guy like Justin, who does have terrific size, 6'4" or better, someone with the height and length to bat down passes at the line of scrimmage....etc.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone