LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

1st Rd. Prospect: Justin Hunter - WR (Ten)

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
we have to take this guy if hes there at 34

Heck at 31st we should take him. It would be a miracle if he can survive that late teens to late 20s gauntlet.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
This is really beyond my control now. Justin Hunter's stock is just rising non-stop as we speak. This is yet another article :

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1610097-2013-nfl-draft-tennessee-wr-justin-hunter-may-be-first-pass-catcher-picked
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
This is his best Justin Hunter highlights yet. In particular, focus on the high balls in the end zone. That to me is why he is the best deep threat receiver in the draft !!

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Another great clip with better close-up shots :

• Rascal
  • Veteran
I just had to post this clip for the first part of it which features his track and field action and capability.In particular, this kid can clear 7' in high jump !! I repeat, 7' !! This is key cos it clearly illustrates how high he can jump to compete for the high balls which is paramount for deep plays and end zone high fades !!

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Holy Mother of God !! Please don't let this happen !! This would definitey push me over the edge to jump off the building.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1599373-realistic-trade-options-for-every-team-in-the-nfl-draft#/articles/1599373-realistic-trade-options-for-every-team-in-the-nfl-draft/page/23
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yes, I know what you are talking about. He is not explosive like your Tavon Austin and Cordarrelle Patterson in that regard. He might not shake the DB at the point of contact, he will run past them on a longer vertical route or if he is still jammed up he is not so concerned cos he knows at 6'4" with a vertical leap of 40", he can beat the DBs up top as long as the QB throws a high ball to let him compete. But, you are right, he is not a big run the catch type receiver. He truly is a deep ball guy, 50, 60, 70 yarders, going up in taking the top off and end zone high fade type plays are his areas of forte.

He's sort of like Randy Moss, except he doesn't run a 4.2. Which makes him an ok, but not top tier prospect. 3rd rounder for me, but I can see why people like him.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dhp318:
He's sort of like Randy Moss, except he doesn't run a 4.2. Which makes him an ok, but not top tier prospect. 3rd rounder for me, but I can see why people like him.

Yep, you said it.Todd McShay calls him a "poor man's Randy Moss". That makes him more than OK to me. Say 75% of Randy Moss in his prime is still saying he is a heck of a baller. Forget about the 3rd, the guy is going in the 1st or latest early 2nd.
Hunter could definitely be good, but when I hear that a WR prospect's biggest weaknesses are maintaining focus and CATCHING THE DAMN BALL, I get a little worried. Seems possible he will just always be a good with good length and athleticism who doesn't consistently make plays.

I would not go nearly as far as to predict he will be a bust, but to me his "red flags" are more likely to remain problematic than Patterson's.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Hunter could definitely be good, but when I hear that a WR prospect's biggest weaknesses are maintaining focus and CATCHING THE DAMN BALL, I get a little worried. Seems possible he will just always be a good with good length and athleticism who doesn't consistently make plays.

I would not go nearly as far as to predict he will be a bust, but to me his "red flags" are more likely to remain problematic than Patterson's.

Did you read this article ?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1610097-2013-nfl-draft-tennessee-wr-justin-hunter-may-be-first-pass-catcher-picked

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Rascal, where are you coming up with all these articles on Hunter. lol.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Err, Google ? LOL.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Err, Google ? LOL.

I know, I was being sarcastic. LOL.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

I feel like he's going to end up being a bust. A guy that will be a #3 WR at best, simply because he won't be able to dominate defenders with his athleticism like he did in college. Take away the athletic ability, and he's really not that good of a prospect, bad hands, non-existent run blocking ability, lacks the ability to get yards after the catch. He's a situational player at best in the NFL.
Hunter's gonna be fine. I don't see the point in repeating over and over again why you dislike him... we get it.
Share 49ersWebzone