LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

1st Rd. Prospect: Justin Hunter - WR (Ten)

We'll have to package a couple early picks to move up and get him. Not sure he'll be there at 31. Tenn WRs are a rising stock
Patterson a 1st rd pick, you bet. Not so sure about Hunter. Cordarelle has better hands...they can both run fast and have the size Harbaugh wants opposite Crabs. Hunter in the 2nd, now you're talking...
Originally posted by suckafree17:
We'll have to package a couple early picks to move up and get him. Not sure he'll be there at 31. Tenn WRs are a rising stock

LOL....no. I wouldn't be shocked to see Hunter around in the 3rd round even.

Please explain to me how Hunter is anything more than a skinnier version of this guy?

Body catcher? Check.

Allergic to contact? Check.

s**tty Blocker? Check.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chazschilens/4505/profile
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Please explain to me how Hunter is anything more than a skinnier version of this guy?

Body catcher? Check.

s**tty Blocker? Check.

Totally agree. He's a late 2nd rounder at best. Someone will probably take him in the 2nd though, based purely on his height, speed, and age. He has the tools to develop into a good one. But he's far from it at this point IMO.

One of the most explosive receivers in this draft. Greg Cosell seems to think he's the best receiver in this class. Not sure about all that, but he's definitely someone we could use. Speed to stretch the field and height for the redzone. Might not be very physical, but we have plenty of other receivers that are. I've been kind of lukewarm on him, but am starting to like him a bit more because of his play making ability.
Where is rascal at to pimp out his boy J.hunter N school y'all lol ..I wouldn't mind picking hunter with #74 but I know he'll be gone by then...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Apr 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Im all for a WR at 31. I want it even. But not this guy. I watch his highlights and he does nothing for me. Doesnt catch the ball well/clean. Doesnt run routes all that great.

Look at Robert Woods Highlights and look at him catch balls and set up his routes and run his routes. Then look at Hunter's again. Woods just s=looks smooth out there. Hunter not so much.

With Woods or Allen we are getting someone ready to play and knows how to play. Where as Hunter looks like a project. Atleast to me.

people fall in love with the surface (the size and speed) and don't look underneath at the important stuff. To me Woods and Allen looked like they PLAYED closer to 4.4 speed than Hunter looked.

But that's just me.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Wow, didn't know such a thread existed. This kid is totally legit !!

I am very specific with my brief. I believe what the 9ers need is a bonafide deep threat wideout. The depth of wide receivers in this draft class is quite deep, but if you are talking about deep ball wideouts, there is really only a small handful and Justin Hunter is at the top of the pile. He can go up to take the top off against double teams. Bottomline, he is a deep threat playmaker !!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Where is rascal at to pimp out his boy J.hunter N school y'all lol ..I wouldn't mind picking hunter with #74 but I know he'll be gone by then...

I am here of course !! LOL.
Reminds me of randy moss... He's got the jump ball skills we could use in the redzone. He needs to improve in the blocking skills, but you can say that about every prospect in the draft. But talent wise he's got it all. Love this kid would take him with either of the 2 second rounders, that injury he took is the only reason why i'd put him in the second round!

He runs like very few Wr prospects. He really eats up cbs with his long strides and speed. He can't catch though lol. I could see him being the best Wr out of this draft or a complete dud. I really don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a wide range of ratings across teams draft boards.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Body catcher? Check.

s**tty Blocker? Check.

Much more explosive. Not even close.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Reminds me of randy moss... He's got the jump ball skills we could use in the redzone. He needs to improve in the blocking skills, but you can say that about every prospect in the draft. But talent wise he's got it all. Love this kid would take him with either of the 2 second rounders, that injury he took is the only reason why i'd put him in the second round!

But, you know after his ACL, he worked his tail off to come back in 2012, while a bit rusty he still cleared 1,000 receiving yards. So, for me, I am not going to penalise his on that. This kid can only get better and with the right schemes and the right QB, he is going to make a lot of plays. Kaep has been dying to throw those 50, 60, 70 yarders. He threw a few last season to Randy, but just didn't quite work out. I am sure with a legit deep threat wideout like Hunter, you can be sure to expect Kaep will be winging it downfield in a big way.

I'd take him at 34 or 61, but he is averaging 54.2 on everyone's big boards that I've averaged out this past month
Originally posted by NTeply49:

I'd take him at 34 or 61, but he is averaging 54.2 on everyone's big boards that I've averaged out this past month

That all good I'm just in tha mind set we Need defense first ... I mean people say AJ needs to bulk up will hunter is about tha same weight 197 or something like that N 6'4 I believe AJ is 6' N 195 or something like that ... I like hunter he is my favorite WR in this class I just don't think we should spend a high pick on a WR OR TE...
Share 49ersWebzone