There are 181 users in the forums

SFOUT's very early mock

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Have you considered the possiblity that we could trade Alex for yet another third? ( just my opinion as to what he is worth..everyone varies)

Also if you dont resign Goldson there is a healthy amount of money out there doing nothing....do you target a free agent? Maybe take Soap of RJF?

I like most think your being quite optomistic, but why not its early and hope springs eternal.....

Also I agree with Lamont..need a true center in the pipe there is no certainty that Kilgore will pan out.

I said in the beginning that this was with no trades, no idea who is declaring and a bit of wishful thinking.

Not re-signing Goldson and cutting all of those players opens up cap space to extend any of the followingJustin, Aldon, Crabree(?), Iupati, A. Davis, Cully.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
lot of asu love

just dont let them return punts

lololol

in a serious note SDN did you see my bit of news in the prospects thread? HC Graham thinks Sutton is going back to school but if here hears positive news from the advisory board he is prepared to see him go pro. I think he'll be told he be a top 45 pick which is why I mocked him in the 2nd because I think he'll slide a bit as he has some injuries.

Wow, I actually didn't read that and I thought I read every article out there about ASU.

I'd love for him to stay at ASU but I think he belongs in the draft. If you can be taken in the 1st or 2nd, IMO you should go. Just too much risk if you get hurt your senior year, you'll lose millions.

He has been a bit banged up, but I think on closer review it will less of a concern. This last year his injury was from when his knee collided with Marriota's kneeon a freak play (and he forced the fumble, lol). He did get hurt again against Arizona with a sprained ankle, but he played through the game with it and still played extremely well.

I think more of a worry will be him at 275lbs he played his best. Some scouts might worry if he is too much of a 'tweener between DT/DE to fit either.

Out of the Sun Devils, my thoughts on their prospects
Will Sutton - late 1st to 2nd rounder
S Keelan Johnson - 6th round to UDFA - I've posted about him before, I think he is a bit of a sleeper
OLB Brandon Magee - 6th round to UDFA - Good reserve player, special teams player. I think he lacks the speed to excel in the NFL as a starter
CB Deveron Carr - UDFA - Injury prone player that has shown flashes of potential, he will be hoping to get on a practice squad
RB Cameron Marshall - UDFA - Dissapointing year for him, his ankle injury/surgery in the off-season really limited him. He didn't have the same explosiveness. Should be invited to TC as a potential power back though. I'm not sure if he ever got into playing shape due to the ankle surgery.
Have you considered the possiblity that we could trade Alex for yet another third? ( just my opinion as to what he is worth..everyone varies)

Also if you dont resign Goldson there is a healthy amount of money out there doing nothing....do you target a free agent? Maybe take Soap of RJF?

I like most think your being quite optomistic, but why not its early and hope springs eternal.....

Also I agree with Lamont..need a true center in the pipe there is no certainty that Kilgore will pan out.

I said in the beginning that this was with no trades, no idea who is declaring and a bit of wishful thinking.

Not re-signing Goldson and cutting all of those players opens up cap space to extend any of the followingJustin, Aldon, Crabree(?), Iupati, A. Davis, Cully.

yeah but some of them dont need extending yet, and by most estimatations Justin's cap figure actually shrinks on an extention.

I wasnt being critical, it was all just food for thought. For example you could look at a nice center prospect if you considered Alex for a third in your next mock, or if you consider the deal with Justin actually lowering cap you might be able to extend say Crabtree or extend two guys...or even pick up a free agent ( not that I like whats out there)
  • sfout
  • Veteran

yeah but some of them dont need extending yet, and by most estimatations Justin's cap figure actually shrinks on an extention.

I wasnt being critical, it was all just food for thought. For example you could look at a nice center prospect if you considered Alex for a third in your next mock, or if you consider the deal with Justin actually lowering cap you might be able to extend say Crabtree or extend two guys...or even pick up a free agent ( not that I like whats out there)

I know you werent being critical man, if I came across as WTF thats my bad. yea its way too early to get into Capology and extensions but that was my rationale for the direction of it.
Share 49ersWebzone