LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

SFOUT's very early mock

• sfout
  • Veteran
My very very early mock, no trades and assuming we get all the comp picks that we are projected to receive. Vaccaro at 29 is incredibly wishful thinking I know.

Re-signed
Ricky Jean-Francois
Tavares Gooden
Tramaine Brock
Darcel McBath – RFA Tendered but not expected to make final cuts

Released: Moves are meant to start the process of opening up funds for the next 1-2 years to help extend players like Aldon, Iupati, Anthony Davis, etc.

Alex Smith
Parys Haralson
Jonathon Goodwin
David Akers

Not Retained
Brandon Jacobs
Clark Haggans
Leonard Davis
Ted Ginn
Randy Moss
Delanie Walker
Isaac Sopoaga
Larry Grant
Dashon Goldson

For simplicity I'm predicting an identical finish as last year but due to records of the like AFCCG participants we'll be bumped down to 29th instead of 30th.

1. First round @ 29: Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas

2. Second round: Will Sutton DE/DT Arizona State

3. Third round From Carolina: Joseph Fauria TE UCLA

4. Third round: Brennan Williams OT North Carolina

5. Third round Compsensatory selection: Marcus Davis WR Virginia Tech

6. Fourth round: Cornelius Washington DE/OLB Georgia

7. Fifth round: Bruce Taylor ILB Virginia Tech

8. Fifth round From Indianapolis: Kwame Geathers NT Georgia

9. Sixth round: Quinn Sharp PK/P Oklahoma State

10. Sixth round From Miami: Ryan Lacy CB Utah

11. Seventh round: Cameron Marshall RB Arizona State

12. Seventh round From Cincinnati: Brad Sorenson QB Southern Utah

13. Seventh round Compensatory selection: Reggie Dunn KR/WR Utah

14. Seventh round Compensatory selection: Nick Kasa TE Colorado
Some of those picks are a bit optimistic. If Sutton doesn't return to ASU, its because he thinks he can get drafted in the 1st round...and he definitely can. I think the 49ers might have a decent shot at him with their 1st round pick but he could go before that even. He's a guy who has been tremendously impressive and I see him shooting up draft boards even further after the Combine. I also don't see Geathers falling that far back, his size alone will get him drafted before the end of the 4th round.

I mean, if the draft went down exactly like that, to me that would be an insanely successful draft but realistically some of those guys just won't be there.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Some of those picks are a bit optimistic. If Sutton doesn't return to ASU, its because he thinks he can get drafted in the 1st round...and he definitely can. I think the 49ers might have a decent shot at him with their 1st round pick but he could go before that even. He's a guy who has been tremendously impressive and I see him shooting up draft boards even further after the Combine. I also don't see Geathers falling that far back, his size alone will get him drafted before the end of the 4th round.

I mean, if the draft went down exactly like that, to me that would be an insanely successful draft but realistically some of those guys just won't be there.

Yep this is definitely a wishful thinking / IDGAF kind of mock. Which I say is okay since we have no idea who is declaring.
Nice mock if it fell that way.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice mock if it fell that way.

yea I know were going to trade all over the place so there is no way we actually use all 14 of our picks so if every junior I want declared I would hope it would end up this way lol.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So we let our starting NT walk, but no replacement for him until the 5th round.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So we let our starting NT walk, but no replacement for him until the 5th round.

based on all of the chatter from the local media they are insinuating that RJF is going to get a crack at the starting NT spot. I dont like it but its what I went with.
would love it to fall this way!!

But we may have to package 2 of our thirds with a first and the 2nd to get the 1st 2 guys on your list but still would love that if we could still get the TE with the comp pick in rd 3.

We all know that its gonna be tought to crack our lineup in the next few years so I say package picks and move up to target a starter for us or move back like the Pats and keep collecting picks for future drafts.
You see us trading up from 32 to 29?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
You see us trading up from 32 to 29?

optimism is nice but I was simply going off of our current standing in the draft order.

Originally posted by rk1642:
would love it to fall this way!!

But we may have to package 2 of our thirds with a first and the 2nd to get the 1st 2 guys on your list but still would love that if we could still get the TE with the comp pick in rd 3.

We all know that its gonna be tought to crack our lineup in the next few years so I say package picks and move up to target a starter for us or move back like the Pats and keep collecting picks for future drafts.

I would love it too but as I said this is my super early/wishful thinking mock with no knowledge of who is declaring and no trades ^_^

lot of asu love

just dont let them return punts
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
lot of asu love

just dont let them return punts

lololol

in a serious note SDN did you see my bit of news in the prospects thread? HC Graham thinks Sutton is going back to school but if here hears positive news from the advisory board he is prepared to see him go pro. I think he'll be told he be a top 45 pick which is why I mocked him in the 2nd because I think he'll slide a bit as he has some injuries.
Gotta add a center in there somewhere
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Gotta add a center in there somewhere

Based on what I've read from local media over the course of this season is that Kilgore is still on track as the "center of the future" and Looney is also learning how to play Center along with his duties as Guard.

but most mocks have us taking Khaled Holmes from USC with our first 3rd rounder if we do take a center, which I'd be fine with but Holmes has had some terrible snaps this year so last thing we need is more low snaps for Kaepernick.....
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM ]
Have you considered the possiblity that we could trade Alex for yet another third? ( just my opinion as to what he is worth..everyone varies)

Also if you dont resign Goldson there is a healthy amount of money out there doing nothing....do you target a free agent? Maybe take Soap of RJF?

I like most think your being quite optomistic, but why not its early and hope springs eternal.....

Also I agree with Lamont..need a true center in the pipe there is no certainty that Kilgore will pan out.
Share 49ersWebzone