There are 202 users in the forums

AB's Mock Offseason V1.0

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Hankins looks fat and sloppy to me. I don't like the draft but like everyone else I respect how hard you work on this stuff.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
AB, I have always wanted to ask this question.............what do you do for a living? Are you an accountant or finance geek in real life, too? Your attention to detail is stunning. Nice work!

Just work for a small company dealing with salary cap figures on a fantasy like game. Costs 99.99 to join, pretty fun. Other than that I am heading back to school for a degree in web design.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
AB, I have always wanted to ask this question.............what do you do for a living? Are you an accountant or finance geek in real life, too? Your attention to detail is stunning. Nice work!

Just work for a small company dealing with salary cap figures on a fantasy like game. Costs 99.99 to join, pretty fun. Other than that I am heading back to school for a degree in web design.

Interesting. Keep up the good work!
WHEW! That's a lot of work and thanks. Your grasp of the numbers is second to none in the Zone!

Agree:

Love your first 3 picks. We really need to develop our D for the future. We're great now BUT father time is catching up with us.
The Sorensen pick is a smart and good move.
Also like Rd 7(f/Bengals) – OLB Devin Taylor, South Carolina, Rd 7- K Brett Maher, Nebraska

We Could Do Better:

Trade Alex instead of cutting him. Even if we get a future draft pick - at the very least we get some return on the investment made in him.

Why keep Dixon - he sucks and can be replaced. What has he really done that merits keeping him?

I'm on the fence w/Delaine. We need to develop another pass catching TE.

I understand the Pocic pick BUT we already have those positions covered well on the team w/Looney, Kilgore etc. I'd prefer packaging that pick with our last 7th and moving up to get the best Safety we can get in a draft that is deep in quality Safeties. IMO, Whitner has lost a step and at times seems real slow.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
WHEW! That's a lot of work and thanks. Your grasp of the numbers is second to none in the Zone!

Agree:

Love your first 3 picks. We really need to develop our D for the future. We're great now BUT father time is catching up with us.
The Sorensen pick is a smart and good move.
Also like Rd 7(f/Bengals) – OLB Devin Taylor, South Carolina, Rd 7- K Brett Maher, Nebraska

We Could Do Better:

Trade Alex instead of cutting him. Even if we get a future draft pick - at the very least we get some return on the investment made in him.

Why keep Dixon - he sucks and can be replaced. What has he really done that merits keeping him?

I'm on the fence w/Delaine. We need to develop another pass catching TE.

I understand the Pocic pick BUT we already have those positions covered well on the team w/Looney, Kilgore etc. I'd prefer packaging that pick with our last 7th and moving up to get the best Safety we can get in a draft that is deep in quality Safeties. IMO, Whitner has lost a step and at times seems real slow.

I do appreciate the nice words. I know not everyone agrees with Alex being cut, but it seems best due to cap wise.

I would even pick Sorensen earlier if need be. Tayor and Maher are picks I like also. Would add to future.
If we trade Alex instead of cutting him wouldn't that still help us with the cap?
If we trade Alex instead of cutting him wouldn't that still help us with the cap?

Only if done right after league year begins, if not till draft it will be tough, cap will hurt, and issue with his deal, I dont know any team will pay him 9.25M a year.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran

Only if done right after league year begins, if not till draft it will be tough, cap will hurt, and issue with his deal, I dont know any team will pay him 9.25M a year.

You know what you get with Alex. With the right system he's a solid NFL quarterback which some team may go for rather than gambling on an unknown. I think Alex would bring hope to some teams in the NFL, which is what owner's look for at that type of salary.
I'll have to adjust this, Akers is not being extended, he seems like he has been going downhill more and more now.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by bors:
what happens to soap

soap is the main reason our run defense has regressed

You gotta be frickin kidding me.

akers has to go bottom line
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by bors:
what happens to soap

soap is the main reason our run defense has regressed

You gotta be frickin kidding me.
When I read this I just knew he doesn't watch the games. Most of the teams that have been successful against us with the run have been running against our nickel or have been running over Mcdonald not Soap.
I'll have to adjust this, Akers is not being extended, he seems like he has been going downhill more and more now.

AB, did I misread or don't you think we need to draft a corner fairly early?
Originally posted by Born49R:

AB, did I misread or don't you think we need to draft a corner fairly early?

No, I said Akers will be cut likely in next offseason. CB only for depth, maybe 4th or 5th rd to replace Brock. Then we look future when Rogers is gone.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
What penalties are the 49ers looking at when they get rid of Akers this offseason?
Share 49ersWebzone