LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Stephen Hill - 2 TD's today and 90 yards

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by mike:
dont hate on a rookie who is doing good....I wanted the kid and its on Jenkins to prove he was he better pick

#Jenkinsprovemewrong
Aww you wanted the kid so now Jenkins has to "prove you wrong".

Wait, no he doesn't. No one cares.

the fans care who is better...for a kid coming out a gimmick offense he did good today

Exactly jreff NFL Draft fans care. I wanted Hill badly too and thought he would've been a good fit four our offense. One, hes a good run blocker, two hes got speed to stretch the field. Route running can always be taught. Jenkins IMO, is the same receiver as Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
dont hate on a rookie who is doing good....I wanted the kid and its on Jenkins to prove he was he better pick

#Jenkinsprovemewrong

the fans care who is better...for a kid coming out a gimmick offense he did good today

Exactly jreff NFL Draft fans care. I wanted Hill badly too and thought he would've been a good fit four our offense. One, hes a good run blocker, two hes got speed to stretch the field. Route running can always be taught. Jenkins IMO, is the same receiver as Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham.

Jenkins is faster than those guys.
I was one of the ones who thought Hill would look damn good in a Niner uniform. I'm glad the kid is doing good.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

#Jenkinsprovemewrong

Maybe in the 40 but field speed and fluidity he looks the same.
Hill had a good day today, that's reason enough to fire Baalke now!

And don't even get me started on JJ Watt!

#Jenkinsprovemewrong

I'd say he looks faster. But 1 game of a rookie year I wouldn't panic. This thing will be decided over 5 - 10 years. In college Hill had a lot more drops and concentration lapses. That we can say for sure. I wouldn't worry about 1 game. Every single team passed on him in the first round. So that tells you something despite his size to speed ratio. No doubt his upside is big. Jenkins has no chance to even prove himself this year. But that doesn't mean he is bad. He's in a WR corps that is suddenly pretty deep. So in time he may prove himself. I'm just saying give it a chance and some time. We all liked Hill coming out. And maybe he will be good. Maybe not. 1 game rookie year won't determine it though.
Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham aren't speedy receivers. AJ Jenkins plays much faster than both of them.
i wanted hill too but i know balke knows more about it than i do

#Jenkinsprovemewrong

I'd say he looks faster. But 1 game of a rookie year I wouldn't panic. This thing will be decided over 5 - 10 years. In college Hill had a lot more drops and concentration lapses. That we can say for sure. I wouldn't worry about 1 game. Every single team passed on him in the first round. So that tells you something despite his size to speed ratio. No doubt his upside is big. Jenkins has no chance to even prove himself this year. But that doesn't mean he is bad. He's in a WR corps that is suddenly pretty deep. So in time he may prove himself. I'm just saying give it a chance and some time. We all liked Hill coming out. And maybe he will be good. Maybe not. 1 game rookie year won't determine it though.

few points...

So far Jenkins doesn't look like anything in meaningful snaps.
Every single team passed on Brady...what does that tell you? And 29 teams passed on Jenkins...what does that mean?

So far on the count Hill is up 1 to 0. Does Jenkins have ability...I think so. But Hill has looked better and will be dressing again next week...Jenkins might not.
Balkee is the ghey suckorzz

Edit: oh and Mark Sanchez, lol
[ Edited by NinerGod on Sep 9, 2012 at 9:35 PM ]

• mike
  • Veteran
few points...

Every single team passed on Brady...what does that tell you? And 29 teams passed on Jenkins...what does that mean?

So far on the count Hill is up 1 to 0. Does Jenkins have ability...I think so. But Hill has looked better and will be dressing again next week...Jenkins might not.

Of course the guy that gets the ball thrown to him looks better than the guy who doesn't get the ball thrown to him. Please tell me what balls he was supposed to catch?

Judging by how the injury bug hit our receivers last year I'm sure Jenkins will have his shot this year. But until then this comparison really is pointless.
lol, full retard, lol
few points...

Of course the guy that gets the ball thrown to him looks better than the guy who doesn't get the ball thrown to him. Please tell me what balls he was supposed to catch?

Judging by how the injury bug hit our receivers last year I'm sure Jenkins will have his shot this year. But until then this comparison really is pointless.

Active players can be compared at any time. Some people track their old draft picks to see how they compare to Trent's...nothing wrong with this.

#Jenkinsprovemewrong

few points...

Jenkins is not going to play on this team because our WR corps is better than that of the Jets. And Jenkins looked very good as preseason went on. Later in the preseason.

You guys have annointed Hill HOF and Jenkins bust after 1 game of the rookie year.....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM ]
Ridiculous - at best.
Share 49ersWebzone