There are 225 users in the forums

Supplemental Draft July 12, 2012

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
meh. dude did nothing spectacular. Just benefited from a s**tty D.
The dude from Iowa State, OT Adrian Haughton, is a massive 360 pounds
Originally posted by strickac:
What U? Baylor U? There's hundreds of Us in the country.

Don't get Washington State U..... Home of the Mike Leach Air Raid Attack!!

Go Cougs!!
I was hoping CU would get Leach. Leach is one of the top offensive coaches in the country. I didn't know he was employed. He'll bring some excitement (and points). That's for sure.
Can he play NT?
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
The dude from Iowa State, OT Adrian Haughton, is a massive 360 pounds

Can fatty play NT?
Can he play NT?
Can fatty play NT?
"Prediction: He will get a long look because of his size. If he gets chosen, it will be because a team has had time to do their homework."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/7/3/3135016/pick-six-the-rest-of-the-2012-supplemental-draft-prospects-denver-broncos
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jul 6, 2012 at 9:17 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran

The U as in the the University of Utah, basically the only other school besides Miami that calls itself "The U". Thought that was pretty well known, even some of the ESPN people call it the U when it they cover it, Gordon transfered here after his suspension at Baylor and busted his a** on the practice field and evidently heard too many positives from scouts and the football program at Utah and opted for the supplemental.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

The U as in the the University of Utah, basically the only other school besides Miami that calls itself "The U". Thought that was pretty well known, even some of the ESPN people call it the U when it they cover it, Gordon transfered here after his suspension at Baylor and busted his a** on the practice field and evidently heard too many positives from scouts and the football program at Utah and opted for the supplemental.

The only school I've ever known to be called "The U" was the University of Miami.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:

The only school I've ever known to be called "The U" was the University of Miami.

mehh, doesn't really matter. Whats more important is that the 9ers were one of the 21 teams on hand for Gordon's workout today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/10/more-details-on-josh-gordons-pro-day-workout/

and

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/10/supplemental-prospect-gordon-runs-4-52-forty-at-pro-day/

doing our due diligence or are we actually interested?
[ Edited by sfout on Jul 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM ]

mehh, doesn't really matter. Whats more important is that the 9ers were one of the 21 teams on hand for Gordon's workout today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/10/more-details-on-josh-gordons-pro-day-workout/

and

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/10/supplemental-prospect-gordon-runs-4-52-forty-at-pro-day/

wasnt gordon injured (quad) at his workout

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:

and

wasnt gordon injured (quad) at his workout

pulled it in the middle of his 2nd 40 attempt but finished out the workout like normal. had some "stiffness" to his cuts because of it but apparently caught everything anyway.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Even though the Niners have thirteen picks to play with next year, I just don't see a hole on the roster for a supplemental pick. I would be very surprised if they made a selection. If Rambo was available, different story.

Very True

I concur
49ers doing their homework on Gordon

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/07/bonus-round-49ers-doing-homework-on-wr-gordon.html
Even though the Niners have thirteen picks to play with next year, I just don't see a hole on the roster for a supplemental pick. I would be very surprised if they made a selection. If Rambo was available, different story.

Very True

I am predicting the Niners will take Josh Gordon with their third round draft pick for the supplemental draft. He is projected to be a 3rd to 4th round pick in the supplemental draft, so is he is available to the Niners they will take him. The team will carry a high number of WR's, and only two TE's, with Dobbs being the blocking TE.

WR
Moss- signed for 2012
Crabtree- Signed for 2012, 2013, 2014
Manningham Signed for 2012, 2013.
AJ Jenkins- Signed for 4 years
Josh Gordon- Big WR to learn under Moss
Ted Ginn- 1 year KR/PR
Kyle Williams- Cut
Chris Owusu- PS
Originally posted by 9erred:

Very True

I am predicting the Niners will take Josh Gordon with their third round draft pick for the supplemental draft. He is projected to be a 3rd to 4th round pick in the supplemental draft, so is he is available to the Niners they will take him. The team will carry a high number of WR's, and only two TE's, with Dobbs being the blocking TE.

WR
Moss- signed for 2012
Crabtree- Signed for 2012, 2013, 2014
Manningham Signed for 2012, 2013.
AJ Jenkins- Signed for 4 years
Josh Gordon- Big WR to learn under Moss
Ted Ginn- 1 year KR/PR
Kyle Williams- Cut
Chris Owusu- PS

I might be wrong but we also have the Panthers 3rd round pick?
Share 49ersWebzone