LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 451 users in the forums

Supplemental Draft July 12, 2012

Baylor wide receiver Josh Gordon looks like he might be worth using a pick on. He's 6'4 225 and runs in the 4.3's supposedly. Think niners will have any interest? We do need a red zone wide receiver because all we have is a 35 year old Randy Moss. http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/07/former-baylor-receiver-josh-gordon-to-enter-nfl-supplemental-draft.html/
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Jul 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM ]
i doubt it, no need to waste a pick on a player when we have Moss, Crabs, Manningham, Ginn and Jenkins already, and Williams, Palmer hoping for a spot.
he looks like a good player but no room on this team for another WR. Anyone know any other guys in the sup draft?
He looks good but with all we have in that position - I doubt we make any moves.

Frankly, I'm really concerned about the DL rotation.

Are there any potential DL steals in the supplimental draft?
no "steals" in this draft for a team picking 30

if that player would be a steal in the 3rd niners would have to put down a 2nd for him.
Completely forgot about the Supplemental Draft. Any other interesting prospects besides Gordon?
Boise State DB Quaylon Ewing

Utah WR Josh Gordon

Syracuse RB Adam Harris

Iowa State OT Adrian Haughton

Carson-Newman LB Larry Lumpkin

Georgia DE Montez Robinson

McMurray WR Houston Tuminello

TCU RB Ed Wesley
Josh Gordon - WR - Player

After doing tape study of Baylor WR Josh Gordon, Sporting News draft analyst Russ Lande assigned the Supplemental Draft prospect an early second-round grade.

Lande is high on Gordon's speed/athleticism combination, and believes he has speed to create separation down the football field. Lande also says Gordon has "soft, natural hands," going so far as to suggest Gordon's 2010 film was superior to 2012 first-round pick Kendall Wright's. The two were teammates at Baylor. On game tape alone, Lande rates Gordon higher than Brian Quick and Stephen Hill.

Source: Russ Lande's Website
Jul 3 - 5:59 PM
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I'm kind of pissed that Gordon skipped out on the U.....even though our QBs are atrocious I would've loved to have seen him play in our scheme especially with John White keeping D honest with his running game.
sooo

no baccari rambo?

What U? Baylor U? There's hundreds of Us in the country.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
sooo

no baccari rambo
wut this guy said i think if they show interest a 3rd round pick nex year since we have 2 next yr maybe 3 would be worth it...
Originally posted by ads_2006:
sooo

no baccari rambo?

wut he said! I think hes worthy of a 3rd rnd pick since we have 2 or even maybe 3 next year
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Boise State DB Quaylon Ewing

Utah WR Josh Gordon

Syracuse RB Adam Harris

Iowa State OT Adrian Haughton

Carson-Newman LB Larry Lumpkin

Georgia DE Montez Robinson

McMurray WR Houston Tuminello

TCU RB Ed Wesley

thought he retired from playing due to all the concussions he's had? Anyway, Go cuse!
Even though the Niners have thirteen picks to play with next year, I just don't see a hole on the roster for a supplemental pick. I would be very surprised if they made a selection. If Rambo was available, different story.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Even though the Niners have thirteen picks to play with next year, I just don't see a hole on the roster for a supplemental pick. I would be very surprised if they made a selection. If Rambo was available, different story.

Very True
Share 49ersWebzone