LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

How about Lamar Miller in the 2nd Round tonight?

If we stay put at #61, I think/hope we will draft Lamar Miller in Round 2 tonight if he falls to our pick. I like him better than every RB in the draft not named Richardson. Just like we added competition to the WR position, we need to do the same for RB. If/when Gore goes down, we need more than just Hunter and Jacobs. I would not be comfortable with our running game with just those two. Having another elite back provides great insurance for a power running team with an aging feature back and not much to replace him with. Along with his homerun hitting speed, I really like his decisiveness in hitting the hole and bursting through the line. Reminds me of Gore in this way.

Even though there is a lot of RB talent in next year's draft, I do not want to take the risk this year, when we can contend for a Super Bowl, of losing Gore and hurting our offense. Better to draft a RB a year too early than too late. Would you guys be upset with this pick? Will he make it to #61 do you think?

We could then pick up Ben Jones (Georgia) in the 3rd who is a quality C/G.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by ezekiel40 on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM ]
Well this d00t is 1 for 1 with his picks. DaDiva, where you at! NEVER HEARD OF LAMAR MILLER, lol
I don't think this will happen but I'm not betting against easy kill though.
Id rather get a OG or CB. If we draft a Rb i want the Turbinator
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
sounds good to me
How good is he at special teams? Because that's the only way I see another RB making the 53; he'd have to take Cartwright's spot.

Gore
Hunter
Jacobs
Miller
+Draft pick

Edit... I could see us taking a late rounder or UDFA RB to stash on the practice squad, though.
[ Edited by ghostrider on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:09 PM ]
Locally here in Denver, the #1 football sports talk show, the Drive on 104.3, is infatuated with Lamar Miller and are convinced he is the next great running back. They say he has Frank gore's vision with better size and speed. They want Denver to draft him baaad..
I'd love to have Miller, but he'd have to bring something to the table besides running ability to make the roster at this point.
If u get this right, u are based god, Easy Kill.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Well this d00t is 1 for 1 with his picks. DaDiva, where you at! NEVER HEARD OF LAMAR MILLER, lol

LOL THIS LOL

I wouldnt mind.
Wouldn't mind Miller.....when you think about it....Jacobs doesn't have much guaranteed money and Dixon is more or less a goner anyways so if they think Miller is the future guy to take over for Gore, why the heck not???
I like Bernard Pierce, but not in the second. Reminds me of Arian Foster.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Locally here in Denver, the #1 football sports talk show, the Drive on 104.3, is infatuated with Lamar Miller and are convinced he is the next great running back. They say he has Frank gore's vision with better size and speed. They want Denver to draft him baaad..

s**t Frank's been teaching him, it would be dope to get him here and just continue the great RB play but I have a feeling he's going to be gone in the top 45, both Dougie and Wilson are off the board now so the Rams will take either Miller or Turbin with that pick at 39, after they take Randle or Hill, and before they take a CB.
I'm hoping for either a guard, CB, or Lamar Miller
Share 49ersWebzone