LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Reading the Tea Leaves on the AJ Jenkins pick

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I think Harbaugh and Baalke feel fine with the WR core right now. We have 3 quality WRs(Moss, Manningham and Crabs), a good returner(Ginn) and our new 1st rounder(Jenkins), it isnt perfect, not #1 guy, but it will do, as Vernon is our true #1 target.

I think it's a possibility that we select a OG in rd 2 or 3 tonight.

Where does Williams fit in
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I think Harbaugh and Baalke feel fine with the WR core right now. We have 3 quality WRs(Moss, Manningham and Crabs), a good returner(Ginn) and our new 1st rounder(Jenkins), it isnt perfect, not #1 guy, but it will do, as Vernon is our true #1 target.

I think it's a possibility that we select a OG in rd 2 or 3 tonight.

Where does Williams fit in

It's too early to read the tea leaves quite yet.

There is still some talent for them to pick from in the second in terms of OG that could get pushed down in a tradable range for us.

Also we're talking about filling the RG spot which is the least important position on the line so it's not like it's a spot you would use a 1st round pick on.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the team trades up to grab a guy like Silatou since I believe we're pretty set in terms of role players so I think the emphasis is going to be quality over quantity this draft.

Grab Silatou and groom Kilgore to be Center and the offensive line suddenly becomes scary good within a season or two.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Does not mean anything for kilgore

Harbaalke could target a guy in later rounds they feel is better than kilgore.

+1 I hear there are a lot of potential starting O-Lineman left on the board
Will KILGORE allow the opposing D tackle to KILL GORE??!! hmmm...that's deep
[ Edited by 49ERFANb4Uwas on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:59 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

will allow gore to kill
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
not a fan of drafting 29 year old QBs in the first round...

me neither but the reality is they upgraded at the position. and if they get 7 years out of him... why not?

We are already talking about taking Gore's replacement and he's only 28. He has only been with us for 7 years..... I understand Gore wasn't a 1st round pick. my point was RB's at 30 usually go downhill and are replaced. Which is what 7-8 years. A QB can play to 35-36 at a pro bowl level. Which puts Weeden at 7 years.

So what's the difference between him and a RB. Only difference? he needs to come in and play and play well right away. if it takes him 3 years like some take... then yea. But I don't feel it will take him that long.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

will allow gore to kill

Yup. Everytime he lines up he'll see Kilgore's jersey and he'll be reminded of his duty to take out the trash. Gore will be a stone-cold killa next year!
I think this means we came really close to going to the Super Bowl but ran out of receivers last year. The team is the same except we added a bunch of wide receivers. Niners might be thinking with some receivers we could make it to the Super Bowl this year.
Share 49ersWebzone