LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

What do we do on day 2 and day 3?

I am looking at the roster, and I see 66 players committed for 2012, and I see 49 players who would make the team if no major busts from the FAs added. Their are a few who will be pushed.

My Locks, barring vet FAs picked up not showing what they should show to be with us.

QB- Alex Smith, Josh Johnson and Colin Kaepernick
RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter and Brandon Jacobs
FB- Bruce Miller
WR- Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham and A.J. Jenkins
TE- Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker
C- Jonathan Goodwin
OG- Mike Iupati, Daniel Kilgore and Mike Person
OT- Joe Staley, Anthony Davis and Alex Boone
DE- Justin Smith, Ray McDonald and Will Tukuafu
NT- Isaac Sopoaga and Ricky Jean Francois
OLB- Ahmad Brooks, Aldon Smith and Parys Haralson
ILB- Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Larry Grant and Tavares Gooden
CB- Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown and Chris Culliver
S- Dashon Goldson, Donte Whitner, C.J. Spillman and Colin Jones
K- David Akers
P- Andy Lee
LS- Brian Jennings
KR/PR- Ted Ginn Jr.
ST Ace- Rock Cartwright

I left off the following, as I feel they should make it if we dont add a legit competitor.

TE- Nate Byham
DE- Demarcus Dobbs
NT- Ian Williams
CB- Perrish Cox and Tramaine Brock

So with that said, who should we target with our 6 picks left? Should we trade up to get a better player, or trade down to add a few nice depth wise players?
OG
FS/SS
OLB
Originally posted by jreff22:
OG
FS/SS
OLB

This and possibly C (or an OG that can play both), DE, and late round/UDFA RB for the practice squad.
  • dj43
It never hurts to have an extra RB on the roster. Dixon will be pressed to make the roster as ST. Gore will need more rest than last season. Hunter is not an every down back. Jacobs is a situation runner. RB has the highest injury rate. It never hurts to have a young guy down the depth chart who can move up in case of injury.
Originally posted by dj43:
It never hurts to have an extra RB on the roster. Dixon will be pressed to make the roster as ST. Gore will need more rest than last season. Hunter is not an every down back. Jacobs is a situation runner. RB has the highest injury rate. It never hurts to have a young guy down the depth chart who can move up in case of injury.

we have Rock as well
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by jreff22:
OG
FS/SS
OLB

This and possibly C (or an OG that can play both), DE, and late round/UDFA RB for the practice squad.

There are a few players that I thought would go in round 1. Konz, Silotu, coby Fleener, and Glenn. I would be willing to trade up giving up our 2nd and 3rd to move up to grab any of the four players. The draft value board puts the points as a mid 2nd round pick, so hopefully one would drop to pick 47. If not, take the BPA at OG, OLB, DE.
OL, DL,DB,RB,NT,LB....
We are def going to draft another NT to rupgrade our dline depth.
Would you trade next years 1st rounder for Baltimore's 35th pick?
BPA between OL/DL. I believe Soap is in his last year of his contract. We might have to start looking to replace him, I don't seen RJF being able to play 16 games at the NT position with his size, great backup though.

I'd like to see us upgrade our depth for our SS/FS positions. We are really thin at that position right now.

OL - Even though Kilgore seems like a lock to start at either G or C at one point, maybe even this season.

TE - 6th/7th round.

Originally posted by Niners4ever:

yep we could, but heard Ravens are looking at Courtney Upshaw if Colts dont select him at 34.
Originally posted by Niners4ever:

Absolutely not.
I would like to see us target the following in rounds 2-3:

CB, OLB, and OG

These are the more critical needs. We have solid starters at CB and OLB, but very limited depth. We can't expect these guys to play all downs and not get hurt. We need to improve the rotations.

In the later rounds:

S, DE, TE

Safety depth is also needed. I like our DE and NT depth, but we may want to watch for some raw talent to groom for the future. I also think that we could use one more pass catcher. I would go BPA in the late rounds. But if Harbaugh wants to run lots of 2-3 TE formations, we should look for a TE. Also, Walker is in his final year. Probably time to look for a replacement.
1) CB
2) OG
3) FS
4) OLB
5) QB
I think OLB is our 1st 4th round pick, then maybe a safety or Guard.

WE gotta get another OLB, I think Haralson is not so great...
Share 49ersWebzone