LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

How Many Day 1 Starters Do You Think We Get Out Of This Draft?

How Many Day 1 Starters Do You Think We Get Out Of This Draft?

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by Overkill:
How many picks do we have? 7? I'll go with that.

Or else I'm calling for Baalke's head.
Seriously Bro

Sarcasm. You didn't notice the blue lettering?
depends

Floyd. fleener any RG in R1, blackmon (one hell of a trade up), wright (at slot WR), and jenkins will start day 1
Ok. Let me get this in before the draft begins:

I think we get 1 day one starter if it go similar to the way I think – a WR in the 1st – or two if we go G in the 1st and a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. (I don't think we are going to draft a G in the 1st, but if we do he'll start more than likely.) Stephen Hill, Rueben Randle, Alshon Jeffery, Mohamed Sanu, and Brian Quick all could come in and at worst be #2, even if we got them as lat as round 3 (or even 4th if they slip). Our WR corps, as it currently stands, is nowhere near where it needs to be for this team to take the next step. NOWHERE NEAR!!!! I know most disagree, but in my humble opinion:

1). Crabs is no true number 1
2). Manningham is a solid, but at best, our best number 2
3). I honestly DO NOT see Moss making the final 53

I predict all the above draftees will be gone by the 2nd so I see us getting one, preferably Hill.

But we will soon see........

None max
Right on the position, wrong on the player. I'll take that
Oh yeah, he starts. And not looking good for Moss to make the 53.
Oh yeah, he starts.

unless he does something incredible in camp there is literally no way Jenkins beats out both Crab and Manningham. He'll get a lot of playing time and get his share of looks, but he's not starting.

All you have to look at is Aldon last year, he had a great camp, but still didn't beat out Harralson, who isn't as good at his position as Crab/Mario are at theirs.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Oh yeah, he starts.

unless he does something incredible in camp there is literally no way Jenkins beats out both Crab and Manningham. He'll get a lot of playing time and get his share of looks, but he's not starting.

All you have to look at is Aldon last year, he had a great camp, but still didn't beat out Harralson, who isn't as good at his position as Crab/Mario are at theirs.
Are you kidding me? Yeah, Baalke & Co. use their 1st pick on a number 3 WR. Baalke & Co rated him higher than Hill, Sanu, Jeffery, Randle, and Quick. No doubt this guy comes in and start. The question becomes will he be the #1 or #2. Camp will sort that out. And I have to say that this pick puts Crabs on notice.
Share 49ersWebzone