LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

How Many Day 1 Starters Do You Think We Get Out Of This Draft?

How Many Day 1 Starters Do You Think We Get Out Of This Draft?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
if we pick a Guard in the 1st , HE WILL START
How many picks do we have? 7? I'll go with that.

Or else I'm calling for Baalke's head.
OG
WR
Originally posted by Overkill:
How many picks do we have? 7? I'll go with that.

Or else I'm calling for Baalke's head.
Seriously Bro
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by saniner:
I say one. I don't see any rookies starting on D, and I think we land an OG who will win a starting spot

I really want to see Kilgore be the man. It's fun to watch a big guy with a bad disposition. Anthony Davis and Iupati aren't very nice guys on the field, either.

AD might be one of the baddest dudes on the field!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
None...maybe one at Guard. But, it will likely be none.
If we draft Kendall Wright, two. If we draft somebody other than Kendall Wright, three.
Originally posted by krizay:
Barring injury my guess is most likely none.

BUT If Harbaugh is true to his word about competition EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.

Then these are the positions that very well COULD land us new starters.

WR- now obviously that WR would have to come in and put on a show but it's not like Crabs or Mario can't be beat out.

CB- While Rogers played great and Terrell Brown and Cully did ok. Again Brown and Cully could be beat out if a rookie comes in and balls out. Look how Cully shot up the depth chart and he isn't exactly anything special. Though I do like you as a player Cully! just sayin

OLB- Why we paid Brooks that kind of money? If a rookie comes in and balls like Aldon? Brooks will be a backup.

S- Love whitner as a 9er. Plays great but if we were able to land a ball hawking safety..... he too COULD be benched.

NT- Again Soap could also be replaced by a rook if that rook was up to the challenge.

Very very small Outside chance.... RB If we drafted a RB that shows he can do it all and is explosive enough to take it to the house any given play? Again that's assuming Every position is an open competition. Though pass protection very well may keep the rook behind Gore.

Now obviously i'm just playing devil's advocate here. As our team is set as is. But let's not kid ourselves and think that our players are irreplaceable.

Delanie Walker is

• dj43
Only possible starters would be OG or WR. I am inclined to believe the #30 will be a WR. I believe Kilgore is penciled in as the starter for the upcoming season. I do not believe they would have let Snyder walk without even an offer if they did not believe Kilgore was ready.

Despite what Harbaugh has said publicly about Moss I don't believe Harbaugh or Baalke will put much stock in that. Consequently, if the early picks break so that BPA is a WR at #30, that guy will have a good chance to beat out Moss and possibly even Manningham for the #2 spot behind Crabtree.
[ Edited by dj43 on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:33 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Only possible starters would be OG or WR. I am inclined to believe the #30 will be a WR. I believe Kilgore is penciled in as the starter for the upcoming season. I do not believe they would have let Snyder walk without even an offer if they did not believe Kilgore was ready.

Despite what Harbaugh has said publicly about Moss I don't believe Harbaugh or Baalke will put much stock in that. Consequently, if the early picks break so that BPA is a WR at #30, that guy will have a good chance to beat out Moss and possibly even Manningham for the #2 spot behind Crabtree.
That is one of the biggest reasons I think this draft will be defense heavy. I honestly feel that the coaching staff feels good about Kilgore. The D needs depth. We got very lucky last season with minimal injuries. My supprise prediction about Moss is that I don't think he makes the final 53. And I don't think Crabs is a legit #1.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by krizay:
Barring injury my guess is most likely none.

BUT If Harbaugh is true to his word about competition EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.

Then these are the positions that very well COULD land us new starters.

WR- now obviously that WR would have to come in and put on a show but it's not like Crabs or Mario can't be beat out.

CB- While Rogers played great and Terrell Brown and Cully did ok. Again Brown and Cully could be beat out if a rookie comes in and balls out. Look how Cully shot up the depth chart and he isn't exactly anything special. Though I do like you as a player Cully! just sayin

OLB- Why we paid Brooks that kind of money? If a rookie comes in and balls like Aldon? Brooks will be a backup.

S- Love whitner as a 9er. Plays great but if we were able to land a ball hawking safety..... he too COULD be benched.

NT- Again Soap could also be replaced by a rook if that rook was up to the challenge.

Very very small Outside chance.... RB If we drafted a RB that shows he can do it all and is explosive enough to take it to the house any given play? Again that's assuming Every position is an open competition. Though pass protection very well may keep the rook behind Gore.

Now obviously i'm just playing devil's advocate here. As our team is set as is. But let's not kid ourselves and think that our players are irreplaceable.

Delanie Walker is

lol
I picked the non number
1-2 would be good. This team is already good with almost all of the starting positions. Guard and maybe WR are the only ones that a draft pick can maybe break into starting line up.
Share 49ersWebzone