There are 259 users in the forums

What Position Do We Take In the First Round?

What Position Do We Take In the First Round?

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Harrison Smith, pull the trigger :)

Love the kid but not at 30

He will be gone before that.

Harrison...? No way.

Good chance it happens because the Safety prospects are weak besides him and Barron.

Agree on the weak class but taking him because of that is, well is kind of dumb. Next year's class is supposed to be A LOT better and depeding on Goldson we could target a FS/SS early next year.

I'm a big ND fan but I would be pissed if we took him at 30.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Harrison...? No way.

Good chance it happens because the Safety prospects are weak besides him and Barron.

Agree on the weak class but taking him because of that is, well is kind of dumb. Next year's class is supposed to be A LOT better and depeding on Goldson we could target a FS/SS early next year.

Im saying to take him either but I could see it happening.
I hope it is Fleener,

But i think it will be WR.
We will take a G. But I prefer a receiving target. WR or TE. We need that more IMO. We can't count on Moss. Out of football for a year and arthritic knees and a bad attitude. That can blow up easily. The same way people thought Edwards would work out great last year. But didn't.
The Niners will take a lineman with their first pick. Most likely an OG but wouldnt be shocked if they took a DE there either.
Originally posted by Overkill:
reverse cowgirl

+100
Originally posted by English:

all you guys want a fat ass guard.

You want a slim one?

LOL

O-Line isn't always an exciting pick, but it is a vital positon group. If you can create a dominate front line you can dictate what you do to your opponents run and pass. I have always been able to appreciate the unsung heros on the field like Full Backs and O-Lineman.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

You want a slim one?

LOL

O-Line isn't always an exciting pick, but it is a vital positon group. If you can create a dominate front line you can dictate what you do to your opponents run and pass. I have always been able to appreciate the unsung heros on the field like Full Backs and O-Lineman.

Two lines. Win games.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

You want a slim one?

LOL

The problem is we have invested alot of 1st round pics into the offensive line already. I understand the need for depth, but i think Kilgore gets the start next season, even if we drafted a Guard in the first i dont think he would be ready to start until atleast mid season. The system isaint the easiest to learn, and the club seems high on Kilgore.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for overthemiddle.
There is a whole lot of very good WRs in this draft. I cant see drafting one in the first round. If it isnt Fleener then I suspect they trade back into the second round and grab a gaurd. I myself would rather have a Safety but I am like everyone else I dont know s**t.

Originally posted by Toronto49er:
LS, K or P

we need to replace our special teams ACE now that george costanzo left

This! I voted other too

Harrison...? No way.

I think someone Like Bethel in the mid rounds is more likely.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Harrison...? No way.

I think someone Like Bethel in the mid rounds is more likely.

The kid I have been vocal about is Hardin, big kid who played CB and would move to FS. Tall and fast and could be a great guy to cover the bigger TE's....and a special teams monster. 6'3 217 4.43 speed 35 1/2 inch vertical leap and a 10-4 broad jump 225 pounds 24 times.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We will take a G. But I prefer a receiving target. WR or TE. We need that more IMO. We can't count on Moss. Out of football for a year and arthritic knees and a bad attitude. That can blow up easily. The same way people thought Edwards would work out great last year. But didn't.

The value would appear to be better for a guard at #30 than a WR, although I agree that a WR is a greater need, assuming Kilgore will win the starting job. It looks like WR would be a better value in the mid-to-late-2nd round.

The main task is making the offense more explosive all over the field, not just in the red zone. So while a solid WR is the no-brainer, it will take a better job by the interior OL on pass protection than we had last season to allow the offense to take advantage of whatever weapons are added.

OG with #30. Trade back to mid-2nd for WR.
Best player available don't care what position. We have great starting line ups on both sides of the ball but could use depth at most positions. The only position I wouldn't draft is ILB with Willis, Bowman and Grant backing them up that's the only position I think we have enough depth at.
Share 49ersWebzone