There are 219 users in the forums

Ladarius Green, TE, La.-Lafayette

I know the zone loves Fleener, I do too, but what about Ladarius Green? They are almost identical in terms of their game and measurables . There is a good chance Green will still be on the board when we pick in the 3rd round.

Fleener
Height - 6'6"
Weight - 247 lbs
Arm Length - 33.375"
Hand Length - 10"
40 time - 4.52

Green
Height - 6'6"
Weight - 238 lbs
Arm Length - 34.5"
Hand Length - 10.125"
40 time - 4.53

[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM ]
Green is sometimes referred to as Fleener Jr, he's far less of a tight-end than he is a big, bulky wide receiver. He has almost no blocking experience so that would be a big hurdle for him to overcome, he also played in a far less sophisticated offense, meaning his route running will need a great deal of work. He's way on the light-side and would need to ad probably about 10-15 pounds to consistently play TE in the NFL. In short, he's got tremendous measurables, great potential, but he'll need time to develop and probably wouldn't be a regular contributor for another season or two.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:57 PM ]
I like Green alot and would'nt be disappointed at all if they drafted him. Fleener is a pretty good TE but i think folks are over hyping him a little.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Green is sometimes referred to as Fleener Jr, he's far less of a tight-end than he is a big, bulky wide receiver. He has almost no blocking experience so that would be a big hurdle for him to overcome, he also played in a far less sophisticated offense, meaning his route running will need a great deal of work. He's way on the light-side and would need to ad probably about 10-15 pounds to consistently play TE in the NFL. In short, he's got tremendous measurables, great potential, but he'll need time to develop and probably wouldn't be a regular contributor for another season or two.

I agree with you, especially with the notion that he is more of a big, bulky wide receiver. He has tremendous potential though. I wouldn't expect him to see the field much in Year 1. That way Davis & Walker would still be the top 2 TE's for 2012, and it would give Green time to add more weight/strength. Walker is a FA in 2013, and Green could possibly replace him then.
Share 49ersWebzone