LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 196 users in the forums

Leslie Frazier: Left tackles like Matt Kalil aren't 'game-changers'

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Well, they can be game changers when they pick up your QB, he's woozy and can't play. What an idiot. Who does he think he's kidding...if he doesn't take the top OT to protect his QB, then he shouldn't be a head coach. Period.

Or if he doest get a stud receiver for his young QB to throw to he shouldnt be a head coach.

Harvin is pretty good
Originally posted by jreff22:
Well, they can be game changers when they pick up your QB, he's woozy and can't play. What an idiot. Who does he think he's kidding...if he doesn't take the top OT to protect his QB, then he shouldn't be a head coach. Period.

Or if he doest get a stud receiver for his young QB to throw to he shouldnt be a head coach.

Harvin is pretty good

When he plays. He would also be even better with Blackmon on the other side.

Harvin is pretty good

kind of hard to throw the ball when you're on your back

Harvin is pretty good

They only gave up 5 more sacks than our Oline did. Also 6 less QB hits. Obviously Kalil wouldnt be a bad pick for them but I think Blackmon and even Claiborne help the Vikings more now than Kalil will. Then again I dont think Kalil is a sure thing like some do. I think he has just as good a chance to be the next Robert Gallery as he is the next Joe Thomas.

Harvin is pretty good

They only gave up 5 more sacks than our Oline did. Also 6 less QB hits. Obviously Kalil wouldnt be a bad pick for them but I think Blackmon and even Claiborne help the Vikings more now than Kalil will. Then again I dont think Kalil is a sure thing like some do. I think he has just as good a chance to be the next Robert Gallery as he is the next Joe Thomas.

They were 6th in sacks.....an issue that needs addressing ASAP.
Maybe Leslie should ask Sing how important an OL is, especially a LT since he drafted 2 on the first round.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Apr 24, 2012 at 1:05 AM ]
They won't change your franchise in a sense. But without one you are doomed too. QB and elite pass rusher are probably more important.
I don't think he's minimizing the importance of the LT and he's actually correct to say an LT isn't a game changer.

LT is one of the most important positions on the team but they aren't going to change a game like Claiborne would picking a ball late in the game and running it back for a TD or Blackmon taking it to the house for 80 yards.

They're important along with the rest of the offensive line to facilitate your playmakers to make plays and change games which is why they are valued so highly.
Teams like the Vikings are a joke

I think smoke BUT ....

They just got turned down on a new stadium.

Maybe the team is thinking on a move to LA and they're looking for a marquee type player that will put fans in the seats.
Share 49ersWebzone