LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Leslie Frazier: Left tackles like Matt Kalil aren't 'game-changers'

Never listen to football advice from anyone named Leslie.
Joe Thomas didn't exactly spark that Brown's offense and he's an elite LT. A guy like Trent Richardson would do much more for them.

The Vikings reached for Ponder and are going to have to ride that wave for the next couple years. They have a solid running game, but nothing reliable in the receiving game. Harvin is a playmaker, but he battles injuries. Blackmon would help open things up for Peterson.

I think Claiborne has a real chance to be drafted too, for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

Ultimately, I think they'll find suitors to trade back and target Floyd. They need a lot of help.
Meh. LTs are very important, but so is every other position on the team. Look at Cleveland
Smoke N Mirrors
Read the quote. He didnt mean they arent valuable
[ Edited by Squidp on Apr 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM ]
How exactly are OT supposed to change in a game. They prevent the other team from sacking their QB. I would think that you would want a LT who is NOT a game changer because all they can really do is effect the game in a negative way. It's why lineman never get any glory.

Forgive me if I'm not into this whole "game-changer" thing, but I would rather never here Joe Staley's name during a broadcast while I'm watching Niners.
[ Edited by elhebrewhammer on Apr 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM ]
they should take claiborne
if they dont take khalli they hate their QB

All vikings fans are lobbying for khalli despite needing a #1 WR and a #1 CB in their division thats how bad that o line is
  • mod
  • Veteran
A good O line will allow any player of just about any skill to shine
Originally posted by strickac:
I think he's right

The New Orleans Saints had Willie Roaf, a Hall of Fame LT, the team was so bad during his career. Now New Oreans has Drew Brees, a low draft pick OL that looks better because Brees gets rid of the ball so quickly.

The Niners had Derrick Deese playing left tackle during their super bowl run.

It still comes down to coaching. The Pats give Brady all day to throw, regardless of who's blocking for him. We, on the other hand, have a more talented line and struggle to protect our QBs. A quick passing attack can hide a poor blocking line.

That's my opinion, anyway.
There might be some logic to that. I mean I'm not saying a good LT is unimportant, but there are other positions that have a larger impact on the team. I mean I bet you the Dolphins wish they had gone with Matt Ryan rather than pro bowl LT Jake Long at this point.
When a left tackle is doing his job he isnt a game changer, when he is not doing his job he changes the game and not for the good.
Well, they can be game changers when they pick up your QB, he's woozy and can't play. What an idiot. Who does he think he's kidding...if he doesn't take the top OT to protect his QB, then he shouldn't be a head coach. Period.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Well, they can be game changers when they pick up your QB, he's woozy and can't play. What an idiot. Who does he think he's kidding...if he doesn't take the top OT to protect his QB, then he shouldn't be a head coach. Period.

Or if he doest get a stud receiver for his young QB to throw to he shouldnt be a head coach.
Share 49ersWebzone