LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 358 users in the forums

good news fleenerites--the peter king mock draft

he says 49ers will take coby fleener...he also says they should take stephen hill
link?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
OK so we're back to square one.
Did you guys watch the football science on Fleener? That was totally fake. On the one where they had him tug-o-war with the Sumo's, Fleener had his belt strapped at his waste where the Sumo's had theirs strapped at their chest. Some of the phoniest leverage setup I ever saw.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Did you guys watch the football science on Fleener? That was totally fake. On the one where they had him tug-o-war with the Sumo's, Fleener had his belt strapped at his waste where the Sumo's had theirs strapped at their chest. Some of the phoniest leverage setup I ever saw.

lol, your not supposed to notice that.
YES WE GOT FLEENER!!!

Oh wait...
I like Fleener and Hill....but damn I'm really starting to like the idea of us drafting Randle. Oh well, just can't wait until next Thursday!
Originally posted by rawdel:
I like Fleener and Hill....but damn I'm really starting to like the idea of us drafting Randle. Oh well, just can't wait until next Thursday!

I will take the guy who will be closer to Alex Smith. Just happens the farther the position gets physically away from Smith, the less impact that position has. Smith would thrive with Fleener.
I will take the guy who will be closer to Alex Smith. Just happens the farther the position gets physically away from Smith, the less impact that position has. Smith would thrive with Fleener.

That just means we won't get him.

Here's Baalke today. I bet he's talking about Fleener.

What will the 49ers do with the 30th overall draft pick? What are their needs? Baalke wouldn't specify, obviously. But he did provide this hint:

"We have one (prospect) we feel real good about. If we're able to move up or not move up, we've got to be prepared to make a pick at 30. There is one (prospect) in particular we feel will be there, and if he's there we'll make the pick."

Asked about the potential drafting of Stanford tight end Coby Fleener, Baalke declined to comment on him or any other prospect. He did note that coach Jim Harbaugh's Stanford ties make it "hard not to overvalue players." Thus, the personnel department will review film of all prospects multiple times, even though Baalke noted that initial instincts typically are the best to follow.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/04/18/moss-not-among-60-players-at-49ers-workouts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Man you just had to get a Smith poke in i see lol. What the f**k is a Fleenerite lmao.
Originally posted by jobiwon:

Originally posted by Kaz9er:

Man you just had to get a Smith poke in i see lol. What the f**k is a Fleenerite lmao.

No, but seriously. What will make Smith better? Having a player who understands the system and his responsibilities being very big and tall for those high passes between the hashes or 7 routes which will also force defenses to make impactful changes that could possibly open Vernon up even more or a rookie RG who will probably have his ups and downs along with learning the new system?
Originally posted by jobiwon:

What will the 49ers do with the 30th overall draft pick? What are their needs? Baalke wouldn't specify, obviously. But he did provide this hint:

"We have one (prospect) we feel real good about. If we're able to move up or not move up, we've got to be prepared to make a pick at 30. There is one (prospect) in particular we feel will be there, and if he's there we'll make the pick."

Asked about the potential drafting of Stanford tight end Coby Fleener, Baalke declined to comment on him or any other prospect. He did note that coach Jim Harbaugh's Stanford ties make it "hard not to overvalue players." Thus, the personnel department will review film of all prospects multiple times, even though Baalke noted that initial instincts typically are the best to follow.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/04/18/moss-not-among-60-players-at-49ers-workouts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

What the hell does that mean? Let me try to decipher the game he's playing with the media:

What Baalke said: "We have one (prospect) we feel real good about."
Hidden Message: No s**t you dumbass interviewer. You think I'm going to give you anything. We have one pick in the 1st round and if we make that pick, we will feel real good about it. You dumbass, we can't pick 2 prospects with that one pick, now can we?

What Baalke said: "If we're able to move up or not move up, we've got to be prepared to make a pick at 30."
Hidden message: You're so dumb so I'm going to try to tell you in a nice way that we have one pick and when it comes, we will make that one pick. If we trade up, we will make one pick. If we trade down, we will still make one pick at one spot...dumbass.

What Baalke said: "There is one (prospect) in particular we feel will be there, and if he's there we'll make the pick."
Hidden message: There are only men in the draft so I am going to use the word "he". When we pick, we will only pick one person at that pick. No team would be dumb enough to try to pick 2 players with one pick. If there is a player on our board at #30, note to dumbass: more than 30 players in the draft, then we will pick him.
Share 49ersWebzone