There are 184 users in the forums

If you are so fixated on drafting Stephen Hill, why not take Tommy Streeter instead?

this reminds me of the quientin groves crush a few years back.....where is he now?
I'm personally not much of a fan of either, particularly Streeter. He's very raw and will probably struggle getting off the line against physical CBs. He looks good on paper, but he's scrawny and not as athletic as Hill.

Hill, to me, is going to be one-dimensional for his first few years. He had the ability to run deep and beat safeties. That's valuable, but is it worth spending a 1st on a guy that might only be targeted 3 or 4 times a game? I'm having a hard time warming up to the idea of spending the 30th pick on a guy that's best known for his workouts. There's not really any film to support the pick. He's risky and in a perfect world, he'd be a 2nd-3rd rounder.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hill.....Randle....Streeter.....Toon....Quick.....Fuller, whatever just give me one or two of these mofos!!!!
...because he's a s**tty wide receiver?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hill.....Randle....Streeter.....Toon....Quick.....Fuller, whatever just give me one or two of these mofos!!!!

Seriously.. the wide receiver we should draft is...

The one who turns out to be really good in the pros.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
If their so similar why is one considered a 1st round pick and the other a 3rd or 4th round pick.
Originally posted by KID9R:
If their so similar why is one considered a 1st round pick and the other a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Neither is considered a 3rd or 4th rd pick anymore. Streeter is 6ft5 220 and has legit 4.4 speed. The onlly ways theyre similar is that theyre both big, fast and cant catch for s**t. Both would have been over 1000 yds if they didnt drop so many passes.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by KID9R:

Neither is considered a 3rd or 4th rd pick anymore. Streeter is 6ft5 220 and has legit 4.4 speed. The onlly ways theyre similar is that theyre both big, fast and cant catch for s**t. Both would have been over 1000 yds if they didnt drop so many passes.

I agree neither is a 3rd or 4th, that's what he said. My point is that scout look at more than just height, weight and speed to grade out players. So to say we should just skip player "A" that scouts grade as a 1st rounder and instead get player "B" that has similar measurables but is graded much lower doesn't make sense.
i like Hill, i dont care who we get in what round tho. every year theres a guy drafted later that is better than guys drafted above him. thats just how the nfl is, but i still would take a chance on hill because i think he can be developed into a monster receiver
It's .04 difference in 40 time. And Streeter is actually 1 inch taller. He has a chance to be good no doubt.

I remember watching both Hill and Streeter at the combine, specifically on the wide receiver drills. Not only did Hill run faster, but he ran smoother/quicker routes, and came up with all the routine catches, He also made all the tough catches, when the QB's were instructed to throw the ball off target, to see which receivers could go and make a play on it. Streeter on the other hand, looked noticeably different on those same drills, and that was against the air. Imagine if it was against tight coverage. Found a youtube video on the drills I was referring to on Streeter. Second half of the video is more telling:

[ Edited by GoforJimmy on Apr 14, 2012 at 3:11 AM ]
Neither...Reuben Randle!!!
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
I see what your saying about PFW, but they are not the end all be all for player rankings. Every teams big board is different.

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Says PFW's draft value board that's based on conversations with NFL teams.
The grades are based on what most NFL teams think. Some team may have Hill as a 7th rounder, who the hell knows. What's your point?

You also mentioned hill is projected ahead of streeter by a round or two earlier correct? If these are the projections created by many GMs don't u think there is a reason hill is above streeter? Would like to hear your opinion on why all if not most think hill is a better player
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
I see what your saying about PFW, but they are not the end all be all for player rankings. Every teams big board is different.

Says PFW's draft value board that's based on conversations with NFL teams.
The grades are based on what most NFL teams think. Some team may have Hill as a 7th rounder, who the hell knows. What's your point?

You also mentioned hill is projected ahead of streeter by a round or two earlier correct? If these are the projections created by many GMs don't u think there is a reason hill is above streeter? Would like to hear your opinion on why all if not most think hill is a better player
Hill is also a sound blocker. Coming out of an offense where he was asked to block 95 percent of the time would also be a welcomed addition to our run based oriented attack. We also don't know anything about what goes on in the combine interview rooms as well, only what the media tells us. Hill may have been more impressive with basic x's and o's knowledge or perhaps showed better character traits, it's hard to say but there is more that goes into putting a price on these guys then just saying we have two tall/big receivers with great speed and raw talent, so take your pick wherever you want.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Apr 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM ]
The Streeter Highlights from the Virginia game are pretty eye opening. 7 Catches, 176 Yards, 2 TDs

looks slow and uncoordinated. meh.
Share 49ersWebzone